"SRS" on R129

gazzad

Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone help me please.
Occasionally, and today moreso I cant get the engine to start.
I turn the key all the way round and no lights come up on the dash, only the SRS light.
Today after 6 attempts I left the key in and after about 10 seconds the dash lit up, and I could then start her up.
Is it the ignition switch, and what exactly does SRS mean? Unfortunately the owners handbook has been damaged, so I cant look it up in that (anyone know where I can get a replacement handbook)
The car is a 1999 SL320 R129 facelift model.
Any help would be grateful

Cheers,
Gary.

Richard Moakes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500; ML500
SRS is the airbag.

Others may well know better than me, but it sounds like your ignition switch is on the way out. Easier to sort out than if it's the lock tumbler, so hopefully easily if not cheaply sorted out.

steve101

Reaction score
I sent an email to you but i'm going to open a new post on this I had the same problem and bypassed it.

Dale Minton

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55 AMG & BMW ALPINA B5 & ABARTH 595 Turismo
Hi there, I have the same car, as yours is a '99 model I assume it will be the V6. If the SRS lights up and stays on it's indicating a fault with the restaint systems i.e the seat belt tensioners, airbags and child seat recognition. Could be an electrical glitch associated with the ignition problem - good luck. ;)

Dale.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom