Srs warning light

FIBAMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180,C180,E300TURBO DIESEL
My daughter just bought a three year old C180 coupe. Which has an intermittent SRS warning light illuminating. Can anyone give me any pointers where to start looking, is it unusaul or something that is fairly common? Any safety considerations?

A

andy@pcd-ltd

HI
When you say the light is intermitant do you mean one day the light will be on but then she could get into the car the next day and it not.

If this is the case i would check to see if the times it does come on is there someon or something on the passanger seat. Because if it only does it when someone is in the passanger seat it would point to a faulty seat recognition pad in the seat.
If it isnt then a quick test on the satr machine would tell you exactly what it is

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Yes the connections under the passenger seat or the seat buckle are the main suspects

OP
F

FIBAMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180,C180,E300TURBO DIESEL
Thanks

As usual, first rate responses, thanks guys! is it an easy / expensive / cheap fix

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
In the case of the seat connector,it is a case of making good the connections,,though if the belt buckle this may need replacing, if the car is plugged into star then it will tell you

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
May also indicate your battery needs recharging or even replacing...

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom