STAR Diagnostics

darkchild101

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 TD/1997/2.5litre
Yes very well in fact.

jib

Mine is 1997 c250TD, i think its last pre facelifts ever made. i want to take it for diagnostics with an indie usng Star but not sure Star will do the diagnostics right or pick up on the fault

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
As long as you have the 38 pin connector.

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
As above, STAR will read all modules on any age W202, with all possible functionality.
The limits are the car's own modules, being the early days of diagnostic communication.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yeah its got the 38 pin connector

Well as the others have said its possible on STAR,,, the indies know how to use STAR for these. its another world for me and an entirely different menu.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Fitted a new wing bumper and headlamp to a 2012 E class last week, the headlamp needed a new controller as well, another £200, then it had to be online coded at another £105+vat, so the guts of a grand for a new headlamp +controller and online coding.
These new cars are getting expensive to repair.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Fitted a new wing bumper and headlamp to a 2012 E class last week, the headlamp needed a new controller as well, another £200, then it had to be online coded at another £105+vat, so the guts of a grand for a new headlamp +controller and online coding.
These new cars are getting expensive to repair.

And of course, self levelling don't work on headlights unless there coded.......

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
SCN can be done by any Xentry system, clone or genuine.

I have my own Star/DAS/Xentry, call it what you will and I can also do full online SCN with it if needed. The limitation is getting the MB login account to validate the SCN or finding someone else to enter the details online and give you the details needed to program the control unit.

Support for the older C3 stopped in March so they are stuck with Xentry 2015/03. From then on it supports just the C4.

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
...The limitation is getting the MB login account to validate the SCN or finding someone else to enter the details online and give you the details needed to program the control unit...

Any chance of explaining that in layman's terms, with a further explanation of how to overcome it legally?

My understanding was that MB would not allow online SCN with the illegal STAR systems...

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
And of course, self levelling don't work on headlights unless there coded.......

What I did notice when I ordered the headlamp contol unit, they sent me one based on my 2001 S class, so same control unit, So got me thinking, would a secondhand unit from an earlier model, already coded, work without recoding..
The only other problem was the turn/cornering lamps they also didn't light up with the new uncoded unit.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That was something that not all had, you can activate that if fitted to the car.

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
Any chance of explaining that in layman's terms, with a further explanation of how to overcome it legally?

My understanding was that MB would not allow online SCN with the illegal STAR systems...

Say you had 2 x Xentry, one legit the other not. You can use both online as all you need is to log into your account. The validation of the mux versions is done by Xentry at install time.

If you dont have a online account for SCN, there are places that will provide one time SCN coding services. (for a charge of course)

My point was really just to say the operating differences for the Clones are only that they have far greater control as they will normally have access to Developer mode which a legit Mux will not have. SCN is the same with either mux as its your account details that are needed.

Last edited:

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
If Mercedes find out that someone has given out their online login details to someone using a clone, they will terminate that login. Id be extremely careful here as SCN coding sessions record an awful lot about the login account used and the system its used on.

Weve just bought a brand new Xentry TAB system at an enormous cost. I do hope that those doing SCN coding also have legitimate systems.

Last edited:

drdre78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes c200 200
Hi you can know install xentry open shell on any windows OS. Aslo gets updated.A clone machine is only as good as the person who install it.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom