stone chippings

johncanning

New Registration
Reaction score
Hi
I have bought a new c class 220cdi and have covered 2300miles and everytime i drive it more and more chips appear on it. Does anyone know if this is a problem with the paintwork as i have never seen a car with so many chips with so little miles.

Thanks

ritchteen

Reaction score
mercedes paintwork is not what it was, it is very thin and orange peel for an expensive car. saying that all water based painted cars suffer badly as it is very brittle. the only truelly good top coat laquer for a car or motorcycle is max meyers (hc) this stays very soft, shines well and does not dull. this is oil based 2 pack paint and is very cheap. i know it is good, i painted a porsche 911 11 years ago, the owner phoned me last year and said the car still looks like new. i used to paint loads of motorcyles especially wheels, du pont & standox paint all chipped much easier. i know an electrician who is always having his e class stone chips redone, it must cost him a fortune. he will not listen, but thats his problem. a light rubbing down all over and 2 coats of this laquer should solve it, it worked with the porsche. i have not painted a car for 5 years now, there may be many more softer laquers on the market, but i recommend the above.
regards, rich

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom