Stop Oil Protests

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I am sure many will have seen this but if you haven't try not to swear, oh and the woke term for the criminal damage is to "decommission"

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
And yet all these brain tripes will go home in fossile fueled transport, heat their homes with fossile fuelled systems, eat food processed using fossile fuel procedures and buy their food in cans which use fossile fueled methods to produce. These people need to study what they are protesting about using what sensible people use......The wider picture!

OP
F

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
They might also revisit the science lessons they bunked off from at school where the many uses of oil from medicine to plastics might have been discussed.

In the real world people are working hard to develop alternatives but that often involves real effort and their own money so wouldn't attract them.

Far easier to just destroy and disrupt.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
They might also revisit the science lessons they bunked off from at school where the many uses of oil from medicine to plastics might have been discussed.

In the real world people are working hard to develop alternatives but that often involves real effort and their own money so wouldn't attract them.

Far easier to just destroy and disrupt.
One crisp winter morning in Sweden, a cute little girl named Greta woke up to a perfect world, one in which there were no petroleum products ruining the earth. She tossed aside her cotton sheet and wool blanket and stepped out onto a dirt floor covered with willow bark that had been pulverized with rocks.

“What’s this?” she asked.

“Pulverized willow bark,” replied her fairy godmother.

“What happened to the carpet?” she asked.

“The carpet was nylon, which is made from butadiene and hydrogen cyanide, both made from petroleum,” came the response.

Greta smiled, acknowledging that adjustments are necessary to save the planet, and moved to the sink to brush her teeth where instead of a toothbrush, she found a willow, mangled on one end to expose wood fiber bristles.

“Your old toothbrush?” noted her godmother, “Also nylon.”

“Where’s the water?” asked Greta.

“Down the road in the canal,” replied her godmother, ‘Just make sure you avoid water with cholera in it”

“Why’s there no running water?” Greta asked, becoming a little peevish.

“Well,” said her godmother, who happened to teach engineering at MIT, “Where do we begin?” There followed a long monologue about how sink valves need elastomer seats and how copper pipes contain copper, which has to be mined and how it’s impossible to make all-electric earth-moving equipment with no gear lubrication or tires and how ore has to be smelted to make metal, and that’s tough to do with only electricity as a source of heat, and even if you use only electricity, the wires need insulation, which is petroleum-based, and though most of Sweden’s energy is produced in an environmentally friendly way because of hydro and nuclear, if you do a mass and energy balance around the whole system, you still need lots of petroleum products like lubricants and nylon and rubber for tires and asphalt for filling potholes and wax and iPhone plastic and elastic to hold your underwear up while operating a copper smelting furnace and . . .

“What’s for breakfast?” interjected Greta, whose head was hurting.

“Fresh, range-fed chicken eggs,” replied her godmother. “Raw.”

“How so, raw?” inquired Greta.

“Well, . . .” And once again, Greta was told about the need for petroleum products like transformer oil and scores of petroleum products essential for producing metals for frying pans and in the end was educated about how you can’t have a petroleum-free world and then cook eggs. Unless you rip your front fence up and start a fire and carefully cook your egg in an orange peel like you do in Boy Scouts. Not that you can find oranges in Sweden anymore.

“But I want poached eggs like my Aunt Tilda makes,” lamented Greta.

I’d like to take credit for this, but I didn’t write it:

“Tilda died this morning,” the godmother explained. “Bacterial pneumonia.”

“What?!” interjected Greta. “No one dies of bacterial pneumonia! We have penicillin.”

“Not anymore,” explained godmother “The production of penicillin requires chemical extraction using isobutyl acetate, which, if you know your organic chemistry, is petroleum-based. Lots of people are dying, which is problematic because there’s not an easy way of disposing of the bodies since backhoes need hydraulic oil and crematoriums can’t really burn many bodies using as fuel Swedish fences and furniture, which are rapidly disappearing – being used on the black market for roasting eggs and staying warm.”

This represents only a fraction of Greta’s day, a day without microphones to exclaim into and a day without much food, and a day without carbon-fiber boats to sail in, but a day that will save the planet.

Tune in tomorrow when Greta needs a root canal and learns how Novocain is synthesized.

flying haggis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 plate CLS shooting brake,2.2D SWMBO has 14 plate B class diesel
the xr/stop oil brigade apparently are going on a tour in an old diesel powered bus so lets hope none of the fuel companies allow them to fill up and as many people as possible stand in the road in front of it and see how they like it

OP
F

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Can I "decommission" the stinky old van with my hammer and punch to save the planet?

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
I would love to see if any of these idiots from any of the stupid stop this stop that crap try something in London during the Queens funeral day. I think they would get ripped to pieces by joe public before the police could give them tea and biscuits.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Are these the same lot that were drilling holed in HGV tyres and cutting the valves off with bolt cutters on camera????

C16RKC

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
2003 CL500, 2007 S320CDi
Might be, I know they let down lots of HUV tyres a few months back. They are mindless vandals. I was very disappointed to recently read that the Extinction rebellion vandals have the backing of Stephen Fry.

I think that is in very bad taste, and would have expected more of someone educated like him. Not least, I would have expected him to be intelligent enough to research and discover their random untargeted approach is not achieving anything. Governments are using it as an excuse to increase taxation on the public, while doing nothing productive. In essence the work of these protestors is probably walking straight into the arms of welcoming government.

If I was Botus I would probably be suggesting all these protesters are perhaps funded by government... it's a mad world either way...

OP
F

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Unfortunately, it was all in the statement from Fry "Something has to be done"

That's right Stephen someone has to put down the novel and the theatre scripts and give you lazy barstewards a realistic alternative to light your theatre, power the cameras and operate your computer.

And with the best will in the world and a wish from Merlin dossing in the road, putting holes in tyres and glueing your fat arse to the road will not keep us warm and put the lights on.

Maybe your presenting talents could be used to search out the people who are actually doing something and ask them how can they be helped and tell them you, we appreciate their efforts and you don't want to stop them or the people who pay their wages getting to work to earn the money.

God, they make my blood boil.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Unfortunately, it was all in the statement from Fry "Something has to be done"

That's right Stephen someone has to put down the novel and the theatre scripts and give you lazy barstewards a realistic alternative to light your theatre, power the cameras and operate your computer.

And with the best will in the world and a wish from Merlin dossing in the road, putting holes in tyres and glueing your fat arse to the road will not keep us warm and put the lights on.

Maybe your presenting talents could be used to search out the people who are actually doing something and ask them how can they be helped and you, we appreciate their efforts.
I wonder what the calorific content of the protesters is…:rolleyes::oops::eek:

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom