Strange Event trying to lock the car

Monday

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL400 2016, CLS350 2020
Came home yesterday in the CLS, my wife was driving, got out, pressed fob to lock the car. Nothing happened. Tried a few more times, nothing; sidelights still on. Fetched spare key, still didn't lock. Asked my wife to restart the car, switch off and locked no problem. Seems fine now but just curious? Clearly there was something the computer disagreed with but what? Any ideas?

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
I had a similar experience - I believe it happened because I switched off and removed the key too quickly.
Has never happened again.

Larkone

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C219 CLS 320CDI 2008
No ideas but it is run by computers and trying to guess what caused a one off blip is like trying to fathom windows error codes. The fix is the same as windows - turn it off and on again or vice versa to reboot the software. I wouldn't worry unless it starts to happen more regularly.

Doug1234

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 w210 e300td
Accidentally pressed the lock button when taking key out of ignition is my guess which is why the car would not lock because at the time door/s were open

OP
M

Monday

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL400 2016, CLS350 2020
Accidentally pressed the lock button when taking key out of ignition is my guess which is why the car would not lock because at the time door/s were open
Thanks for replies. Hopefully it was a 'one off' that will not repeat. I should have said that the car is keyless go so she only needed to take the key out of the box where the ashtray used to be. But she may well have held it awkwardly and pressed the lock button in doing so.

Sensitivity of the controls (particularly the steering wheel controls) is an issue for me. I am forever re-setting the dashboard display when a casual brush of the hand gives me a fuel consumption display or an accelerometer instead of the rev counter. The other night I accidentally switched off the sat nav screen at a critical roundabout in London.

I have previously asked the dealer if there is any way I can lock my selections but it seems there isn't.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom