stuck seat belt

kes 300

Reaction score
whilst retrofitting a 96 320sl interior into my 92 300sl i have found the seat belt will not unreel the seat has come from a write off is their any reset that can be done as the etr has not been activated. as i can see the wire through the viewing hole in reel but it looks like a clutch type spindle has been activated and is stopping any free movement of the reel

Bolide

Reaction score
Website
www.w124.co.uk
Your Mercedes
BMW 525 Diesel Touring
Reels only release when they're at the correct angle. Check the mounting plate and you'll see there's an X degree setting and a Y degree setting. This shows the angles at which the reel will unlock. If you hold the reel at the correct angle, and the reel is working OK, it will unlock. This can be difficult sometimes, particularly if the belt retracts more than normal, fills the reel and restricts movement. If it still won't unlock at the correct angle the replace it

Personally I wouldn't use belts from a write-off as they may have been stretched

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The belts on a 129 work in parallel they are both fired if activated, if you can see the wire through the window ,they have not been activated.
You do not have balls in these, they are coupled up by two elctro mechanical relays. if the belt cannot be pulled out it is the automatic seat belt roller at fault.

Malcolm

OP
K

kes 300

Reaction score
thanks for your help ill try and replace

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom