Reaction score
  • Banned
You certainly have been ripped off.:rolleyes:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
106.9 down here. the East coast is cheaper as it is nearer the refineries.

To make Millions you put the price up as soon as the cost of the barrel goes up even if you have not refined it and you do not put the price down until the the lower cost fuel gets onto the market

OP
dragon

dragon

Banned
Reaction score
  • Banned
Even though I paid 103p/l unleaded, I am still being ripped off as rumours said it should be below a pound/l by now. Current oil price is below $80 from the peak of $147 in July.

Someone definitely made a lot of money from this. Some Arabs spending lavishly at Park Lane and they own some hotels there.

OP
dragon

dragon

Banned
Reaction score
  • Banned
................where?

torquewrench

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202 C220 1995 Elegance 100k
Diesel prices

When I first started to drive diesel cars it was cheaper than petrol,can somebody please explain why it is now more expensive, or is it simply the fact the government has cottoned on to the fact there are a lot more of these vehicles on the road, and because you get a few more miles to the gallon. They see it as an excellent way of making a few more shekels?.:confused:

Last edited:

truthfindergeneral

Reaction score
You got it in one torque.
Same with LPG. The govt offered grants to pay nearly all the cost of conversion a few years back and ran out of the money about 3 years earlier than expected, such was the demand. They keep the duty increase on LPG down and some times didn't even in increase it in the yearly budget. They talked endlessly about how green the fuel was.
Once mugs like me had splashed out £2,000 for a conversion they moved the goalposts. Suddenly the fuel was ' not as clean as first thought " and the one eyed scottish clown in his last budget told us that he would now be narrowing the differential in duty between LPG and petrol by increasing the duty each year by more than petrols. THIEVES is too nice a word to describe this lot.

OP
dragon

dragon

Banned
Reaction score
  • Banned
Just bought petrol at 97.9p/l. Just heard on the news, it going down again at 95p/l from tomorrow. :rolleyes:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Just got to 99.9 here in the West country

truthfindergeneral

Reaction score
OP
dragon

dragon

Banned
Reaction score
  • Banned
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...617/Drivers-face-rise-in-price-of-petrol.html

We are just being manipulated by our own govt, the supermarkets and the arab world.
What a pity we can't put some sort of embargo on essential goods supplied by ourselves to OPEC countries like medicines or food. Hungary bellies might make them think a bit deeper about their manipulation of the rest of us.

Ban them staying and enjoying a good life at Park Lane.:rolleyes:

and freeze their hotels they own.

truthfindergeneral

Reaction score
So still only 30p too dear then. That's the plan, accustom us to higher and higher prices so that we will be grateful for any little crumb thrown our way.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom