Swmbo's UnMerc

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
So, after giving my Coupe a good going over and putting my Summer Wheels back on, she was looking gorgeous again and, poor Swmbo's UnMerc was looking rather....brown.... instead of the red it's meant to be.
I had gone in after doing mine for a snack and a drink, (of the non alcoholic variety chaps!) and my conscience began to nibble at me, I couldn't leave it looking like that. It was crying out my name, "Jimbo, I need a wash." :( :D:D
This was after spending the best part of four hours working on mine and my back was killing me.
Still needs must, and I got down to it. Three buckets, a watering can and just under a gallon of screenwash, two hours later and it was looking splendid once again.

IMG_3417.JPG IMG_3419.JPG IMG_3418.JPG

I even got treated to a special fish supper for my dinner as a thank you from Swmbo, result!

Her UnMerc actually cleans up quite well and, for an UnMerc, I'm quite fond of it, lol. :rolleyes:

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
So, after giving my Coupe a good going over Swmbo's UnMerc was looking rather....brown.... instead of the red it's meant to be. Three buckets, a watering can and just under a gallon of screenwash, two hours later and it was looking splendid once again.

All highly commendable. After lavishing care on my own car, I drive my wife's car down to the local hand car wash and set them to work. That's as far as I'm willing to go. And she's delighted, she thinks they do a terrific job.

OP
Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
All highly commendable. After lavishing care on my own car, I drive my wife's car down to the local hand car wash and set them to work. That's as far as I'm willing to go. And she's delighted, she thinks they do a terrific job.

:eek::eek: After all the bad reports about these car washes you've seen on the forum, I'm shocked Mac! :shock::shock:

Still, as long as the gaffer's happy, that's all that matters I suppose, lol. :D

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
SWMBO has my ‘other’ unMerc, the XC90- it gets the JL treatment too just less often (any car which needs steps to wash the roof is a challenge) :eek:

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
any car which needs steps to wash the roof is a challenge
Mabel.jpg
Might need more than steps.....

(That said no ladders were needed to wash the roof - there's an escape hatch in the rear which you can climb out then stand on the roof and mop it!)

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom