Thanks MB Owners Forum

Loyster

New Registration
Reaction score
4 years a go I had a lot of trouble with the ABS/ESP/BAS lights reducing speed to 30MPH on my A190. My fathers friend a mechanic who had serviced my cars for years had it for a month and replaced allsorts and charged me £450 for the job which he argued was good value as he hadnt included all the labour.......

Yesterday all lights came on again, this time google was my friend and I found this site. Decided to take a punt on the Brake Light Switch and was at Mercedes Benz at 8.30am on a Monday morning. I bought my switch for £9.26 straight away saw the white bit at the end was sticking out more than my original switch.

I inserted my new switch and then turned the engine on and the lights disappeared and have stayed away. :lol::lol::lol: but very :mad: I shelled out £400 a few years back when it could have been the same £9.26 fault..........

Many thanks to all those that contribute to this site.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Welcome loyster, and always a pleasure,,we have some good guys here :D

Thank you

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
And as you can see, Malcolm is always the quickest on the draw.
This is the second post with a 2 minute turn around. I didn't know that the tinternet was so quick in your neck of the woods Malcolm.

Back to Loyster - I'm glad that you got it fixed. To many bods get trapped into believing that the fault codes are always pointing to the cause rather than the symptoms, when it comes to electrical faults. This is where experience comes into play and if we paid Malcolm a pound for each correct answer he'd be a millionnaire by now.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom