The inappropriate badging thread

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
I suppose it's fun if you're a teenager. But I never felt the need to make a loud noise when I was young. I preferred my motoring to be unobtrusive, IRRC, although I did own a 911 which was a bit loud I suppose. It was also very rusty, but that's another story. I picked it up for very little money.

Last edited:

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
What do you think guys ‘to badge or not to badge’ that is the question?
As a 5 door I think I would keep it debadged as it is more subtle, kept my cabrio badged as it is already "a bit in your face" in styling, at least with roof down...

Can we have more pics though, have the side badges been removed as well..?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
More pics to follow just the weather delaying things at the mo and selling of the other estate which has now gone

The side badges are not present either the subtle one under the centre bar of the grille is present

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
@malcolm E53 AMG What are your thoughts on de-chroming the tailgate?

It’s all a bit of a mixed bag really Mike the Night Package takes you half way there but leaves the waistline chrome door handles and band across the rear tailgate and then there is the the Mercedes star on the boot, front chrome around the radiator grill etc etc, so it’s all down to personal choice. The best effort at de-chroming an E class I’ve seen was on a S212 in Palladium Silver and absolutely every bit of chrome on the car had been wrapped in Matt Black and the car looked stunning IMO. I nearly bought the car but couldn’t come together with the seller on price it was done so well still sticks in the mind though.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom