The joys of trying to ad DAB

OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
According to that it even fits mine! And they can fit it for £29..... Not sure i would trust them to do that though... But does this do true DAB?

All DABs are true dabs, it the way they join into the system, modulated FM is one way, but the sound limited by the FM bandwidth, or Aux in the best way,you have a spare auxin and a antenna connection spare in the rear of the car so not bad installing one on yours

OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well I tried the 4 Email contacts, and they all bounced back

M

milnei

Malc, what's wrong with FM modulation though? Like I've put in another thread there is the occasional slight sibillance, but that's rare. There is not hiss or crackle either as the MediaDAB unit is 'hard wired' into the antenna connections so when the MediaDAB is on, no other FM signals are received.

At least then you can still have an aux-in from say, your ipod, with all your Carpenters tunes when Absolute 70s are playing the ads :lol:!

Comand

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63, SL55, A150, X5, Raptor, ZX10, ZRX1100, Mini, RD350B, RD250B
The in2Digi is true digital to the internal (or HK amp) so no AUX or FM required. But its not quite ready for NTG 3.5 yet. I could have a word with he who is writing the code and see if an NTG3 version can be supplied.

OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The in2Digi is true digital to the internal (or HK amp) so no AUX or FM required. But its not quite ready for NTG 3.5 yet. I could have a word with he who is writing the code and see if an NTG3 version can be supplied.

NGT3 it would be nice to know, Very difficult to know if MB did a version, I have the HK amp

Comand

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
NGT3 it would be nice to know, Very difficult to know if MB did a version, I have the HK amp

As far as I know they didnt offer DAB for NTG3, just NTG 3.5. The in2digi if ported to NTG3 will emulate a Cd changer.

OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
As far as I know they didnt offer DAB for NTG3, just NTG 3.5. The in2digi if ported to NTG3 will emulate a Cd changer.

Thank you very much for help on this, it is so hard to make sense of it all in WIS,,,even STAR tells me I can add things that I cannot.

I will just go down the Pure /Alpine route I think and at £170, I will try an lose the control panel up in the spectacle compartment up in the A rail and go in via Aux.

Comand

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thank you very much for help on this, it is so hard to make sense of it all in WIS,,,even STAR tells me I can add things that I cannot.

I will just go down the Pure /Alpine route I think and at £170, I will try an lose the control panel up in the spectacle compartment up in the A rail and go in via Aux.

Ive done some more research into this and genuine DAB is/was available for NTG3!

Email your full VIN and we will give you a quote but its not cheap because the antenna pack in the rear roof lining is costly!

OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ive done some more research into this and genuine DAB is/was available for NTG3!

Email your full VIN and we will give you a quote but its not cheap because the antenna pack in the rear roof lining is costly!

I think it will be too expensive if the TV tuners are anything to go by.

My VIN is WDD2163712A004582

But please do not spend too much time on this,,thank you

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom