The output for relay circuit 87 fault?

leloh

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 and ML350 both 2008 with 272 engine
Please I am having similar issue, car a 2008 E350 won't crank and its showing some error about circuit 87. Please i need urgent help on this, because I am tired.

Mkat

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 amg 2008
Terminal 87 relay is in the front sam. But this is the output to the relay and not a relay fault. It is probably just that the relay was slow to switch or be switched by the cdi. If you are not having problem starting then I would not worry too much.
Y
You really cannot use circuit 87, 87 refers to every ECU and relay, 87 is the live feed on all.
yes relay 87 (KI) powers ecm I am haven issue with that relay not switching ,
manually power relay with jumper wire car goes
Have power but no earth
Need wiring diagram for this circuit w211

Ephrymoto

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Ml270 2004 OM612
Please I am having similar issue, car a 2008 E350 won't crank and its showing some error about circuit 87. Please i need urgent help on this, because I am tired.
Did you find the solution. AM having same problems with C270 w203.. When trying to start turn the key to start.. The starter will turn the engine for about 3 sec then the starter bendix will come off from the ring gear the starter will keep running itself.. I changed 2 starters it's doing same... The fault P1610 is coming out. I changed relay 87 doing the same.. But is you feed the power to starter solonoid it is cranking very normal but doesn't start the engine only cranking.. Any1 with help please

Ephrymoto

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Ml270 2004 OM612
CDI terminal 87 relay is the relay that the CDI energises once the DAS has read and authorised the key in the ignition switch. This then in turn powers up the CDI control unit.
So in actual fact the CDI sends its own signal out ( terminal 87 request ) to enable power to itself from the front SAM.
This looks to be true... Am failing to figure out were is the power dropping from my car 203 c270 am having similar problem

arican

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c200 w204 petrol
Hey Guys,

Another w204 c200 2012 trouble......water seeped into the footwell through clogged drains....now car is going crazy, it reaches ignition but doesn't crack with few error messages. Once very peculiar finding is clicking sound in Relay N (circuit 87) in front SAM. When this clicking goes away all the error disappear and car behaves normal. But when it starts anti theft protection warning, no gear selector indication, and few other things. Any guidance on what to look for.....appreciate the help of experts here.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hey Guys,

Another w204 c200 2012 trouble......water seeped into the footwell through clogged drains....now car is going crazy, it reaches ignition but doesn't crack with few error messages. Once very peculiar finding is clicking sound in Relay N (circuit 87) in front SAM. When this clicking goes away all the error disappear and car behaves normal. But when it starts anti theft protection warning, no gear selector indication, and few other things. Any guidance on what to look for.....appreciate the help of experts here.
Hello and welcome

You will need to get to where the water has been. Dry out all the connections and then lubricate with contact cleaner.

Hopefully it hasn’t all corroded and gone green… but putting power through wet electrickery leads to rapid corrosion and irreparable damage to black boxes in a lot of cases. :(

Timeandleisure

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2003 R230, E400d 4MATIC Coupe 2021
If the the intermittent energising issue is related to the wiring, could this be a possible reason for draw on the battery and therefore, battery drain please?

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom