Thinking of a change

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
www.schnauzersinireland.com
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
Last edited:

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver

Nice colour, massive spec. Sport spec is great, loved mine when it worked but a 2009 one will not be much if any trouble. The sport just makes it nice to drive still massively comfy just nice in the bends. Cross country not much will keep up with that and bags of space, comfort and toys when you want to waft.

I'm not a big fan of 7g but most get on with it. They don't suit the way I drive...

If I were you I'd buy that car...

HTH

Steve.

OP
JBell

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Sport spec is great,

I wouldn't buy anything but Sport, just not convinced about an E Class, a bit too samey although that is a nice example

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
That ones got the full AMG wheels and loads and is in a rare shade of grey/silver.

Looks nice and the sports seats alone make sport spec the one to get as the bolstering is better.

OP
JBell

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
That ones got the full AMG wheels and loads and is in a rare shade of grey/silver.

Looks nice and the sports seats alone make sport spec the one to get as the bolstering is better.

I know but I am still not convinced about an E Class although they are lovely cars.

No-one has yet given me on running an ML / GL which was the real purpose of the thread.

The R Class is just plain ugly although ticks every box (and yes I hate to admit that) including 4WD which coming from Audi's I do really like.

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
I know but I am still not convinced about an E Class although they are lovely cars.

No-one has yet given me on running an ML / GL which was the real purpose of the thread.

The R Class is just plain ugly although ticks every box (and yes I hate to admit that) including 4WD which coming from Audi's I do really like.

Same servicing costs as a 211 but an average of 25mpg vs 35mpg for the 211. Plus worse handling and slower than the 211 but better in snow.

300SL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 W216 CL63 AMG
I reccommend an M-Class as long as you don't need seven seats. Great car the ML. R-Class is another alternative as it has been mentioned before - a positive is that it is exclusive.

SSR S500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2002/V8
Your choice of a GL is a good one imo, they look the part, V8 diesel would suit the car in very way imo. Go for it.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom