throttle body

mr rosher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 e430
hi i`ve just taken the throttle body of my e280 to see if there was a problem with it as my idle is all over the place, i have gave it a good clean but the butterfly valve seems to be open slightly, if you push the plate it will shut but you need a bit of pressure to do this and when you let go it opens again, this is suppose to be like this or has it gone,

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
I think that the flap should be slightly open as if it was completely shut would,nt it starve the engine of air and stall.
Is there anyone out there who can confirm this?

OP
M

mr rosher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 e430
since i posted this i`ve put the throttle body back on started her up and the same, idle all over the place, but if i close tight the flap seems to idle at about 700 - 800 rpm

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have to go along with BigasotonUK that these never close completly.
If it runs OK with it closed that means the air is entering the system, once you find where where the leak is, that will solve your problem

If you can jam it closed, you should be able to hear where the air is getting in.

Malcolm

OP
M

mr rosher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 e430
hi malcolm, you say about an air leak now when i blip the throttle slightly at the throttle cable i can hear air but i can`t find any leaks, even when i spray carburettor cleaner around the manifold, thats what made me look at the throttle body and realized the flap was open slightly any thoughts

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom