Throttle not dropping quick enough between gear changes

Etoboss

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Citan van
Hi guys…

Another problem I have with the the citan van is in between gear changes the throttle is not dropping quick enough so as iam changing gear sounds like I have my foot on throttle slightly. It’s not that bad, it’s mainly on the low gears. Just gets annoying.

When the van is cold it’s fine! Throttle fully drops between gear changes so only happens when it’s warmed up.

If stationary and I rev the van it’s fine so it’s not the throttle sticking.

Anyone no what it could be? I have had redex diesel cleaner in but hasn’t solved it. Thanks

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
Is it the japanese engine ??
Mileage??

OP
E

Etoboss

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Citan van

Not sure what engine it is mate. 109 cdi. Manual.

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
Not sure what engine it is mate. 109 cdi. Manual.
Apparently it is 1.5 engine made by Renault and also used on the Renault Kangoo.
I dont have a Citan. I would be looking at the actuator on the turbo.

spenttherent

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 Eclass estate 2008
Hi guys…

Another problem I have with the the citan van is in between gear changes the throttle is not dropping quick enough so as iam changing gear sounds like I have my foot on throttle slightly. It’s not that bad, it’s mainly on the low gears. Just gets annoying.

When the van is cold it’s fine! Throttle fully drops between gear changes so only happens when it’s warmed up.

If stationary and I rev the van it’s fine so it’s not the throttle sticking.

Anyone no what it could be? I have had redex diesel cleaner in but hasn’t solved it. Thanks

I had exactly the same problem with an old Peugeot.
turned out to be a temperature sensor that was telling the ECU the engine was cold and altering the timing to suit

OP
E

Etoboss

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Citan van
I had exactly the same problem with an old Peugeot.
turned out to be a temperature sensor that was telling the ECU the engine was cold and altering the timing to suit
Emm well that does make sense. I will get a new engine temp switch only cheap. But then again when the engine is cold it’s perfectly fine

OP
E

Etoboss

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Citan van
Was it a coolant temperature switch? Can only find them on eBay. But don’t think it’s that my temp gauge works fine.

spenttherent

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 Eclass estate 2008
Was it a coolant temperature switch? Can only find them on eBay. But don’t think it’s that my temp gauge works fine.

No it wasn't the gauge sensor that was working ok, just one for the engine management

OP
E

Etoboss

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Citan van
Does anyone no what this part of the gearbox is called? Trying to find the gasket for this section of the gearbox but just can’t find any info on gearbox parts.

Attachments

• B41152AB-6F5E-4058-9723-3A076F13CD71.jpeg
    B41152AB-6F5E-4058-9723-3A076F13CD71.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 6

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
Does anyone no what this part of the gearbox is called? Trying to find the gasket for this section of the gearbox but just can’t find any info on gearbox parts.
On the windscreen, what number is after 415 - - -??

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom