Time Delays on MB parts

DABinnie

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLE 450 4Matic AMG Line 2019
My vehicle is currently in Body Shop awaiting parts. Had to wait 3 months for a bonnet!, once the vehicle had been stripped down for repair, it was identified further parts were needed. I have just been told those parts won't come until the 17th September. That means, this year 2021, I will have driven a badly damaged car for 3 months and actually been without the car for 3 months of the year, all because Mercedes can't supply parts, clearly all the priority given to new customers. Have contacted Mercedes Benz customer service to complain and see if they can help, two weeks on, no response! It's a £70K SUV, I would have thought this merited some response but clearly not. My first Mercedes Benz purchase after many years of Audis/ BMWs, shame the customer service doesn't live up to the premium brand.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
A friend of mine just picked up a BMW 330e and the guy delivering it said "whatever you do don't crash it, we can't repair or replace it" his colleague just had his X3 cancelled by BMW as they can't supply it , there is a massive shortage of parts.

If you want good Customer Service buy a Lexus

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Spare parts supply chains have been pulled in to support the production lines. It’s the Covid backlash and it’s hitting all industry everywhere. Electronic components, I’ve just entered into a bidding war with VAG to buy 500 (!) ICs that are used in their DSG transmission ECU.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Reality check folks. The globe is in the midst of a crisis not seen by any of us (bar those who lived through the war) hundreds, thousands, millions of people have to work from home, lost their jobs, factories operating at a fraction of thier potential. So what do you expect. This effects every tier of manufacturing.

norwoodboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 2010
Have to agree with Mioba and shortages are not just around car spares, i am having building work being carried out new bathrooms etc and every guy who is working on it has said that they struggle to get anything now that was not pre-ordered and delivery times are months on some items,so i would not really blame MB as no doubth in the same boat.

KillerHERTZ

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
W463 G55 AMG
In Shmee's latest video he mentions that he has had to wait over 4 months for a part due to the Chip shortage.

Its nothing to do with Brand!

curious

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Only the Vito left! W639/1 OM646
Talking to a friend last week who's on the inside of Mercedes commercials and informed me that they've got newish Sprinters stacked up out back waiting for adblue parts. As we know, the computer says 'no' when it comes to running with faulty adblue.
It's irritating enough when your pride and joy is tied up like this, but imagine the guts ache when it's your income that's being impacted.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
In Shmee's latest video he mentions that he has had to wait over 4 months for a part due to the Chip shortage.

Its nothing to do with Brand!

Was that the one about his SLS Black down at Avantguard??

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom