Toyota Intelligent Park Assist

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
I've just had a quick go in one of those Prius Hybrid Cars.

One of my clients, who does a lot of work in and around London has bought one to ease his wallet re the congestion charges. £30 Road Fund Tax per annum and no congestion charges. He averaged 55mpg today there and back for the 240 mile round trip.

The best bit is the Intelligent Park Assist ! Spent and hour this afternoon moving cars around and watching it park itself in between them ! What fun and because it was on electric mode - no fuel cost either ! You simply drive past a suitable parking spot, flick onto IPA and the rear mounted camera is viewable on the LCD display - move your pointers to where you want to park it and press go, speed is controlled by the footbrake.

Biggest problem is that it is silent in electric mode so people walk out in front/behind you......

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I'm worried about you David, I really am.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Yes, but I bet Malcolm hasn't got that either...... :D

There are infact 3 cars in Japan that can do this, you just line up cour car within the box in the display, and as you said,the car will park its self. this only works on street parking, and not in car parks

Due to copyright issues I did not post on it.

When You think that on the AMG55+ there is not room for a spare wheel,the same goes for the new S class and some E's. Where could you put it ?

The most important thing is, I never park. Just keep going :cool:

Malcolm

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom