TPMS issue

Daven_chau

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 2014
Hi everyone, new to this forum, hope someone can help me out with this, not sure if someone have the same problem with me, so on my c220, the TPMS is showing the nsf is low pressure, and each time is showing different, sometimes is 195, and later on could be 200 or 205. Tried to put some air in the petrol station doesn't work at all, either show error or just leaking air more and more, took to dealership they just put some air in no problem and told me some valve are different in petrol station. And after a few weeks the same problem is back, then I change the TPMS, and been fine for the first few months then now the problem is back on again and again, always the same side, does anyone know the real issue here? I could go back to Mercedes and they will help me put some air in no problem but it does really annoys me, can anyone advise? Thanks

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
Hi and welcome,

Don’t have an answer for you though. Just another system designed to fleece the motorist imho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
Have you ruled out a slow puncture? Spray the offending tyre with a strong soapy solution and look for bubbles from a slow puncture if you don't have a tyre pressure tester you can monitor with over the period it is being affected.

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
Hi everyone, new to this forum, hope someone can help me out with this, not sure if someone have the same problem with me, so on my c220, the TPMS is showing the nsf is low pressure, and each time is showing different, sometimes is 195, and later on could be 200 or 205. Tried to put some air in the petrol station doesn't work at all, either show error or just leaking air more and more, took to dealership they just put some air in no problem and told me some valve are different in petrol station. And after a few weeks the same problem is back, then I change the TPMS, and been fine for the first few months then now the problem is back on again and again, always the same side, does anyone know the real issue here? I could go back to Mercedes and they will help me put some air in no problem but it does really annoys me, can anyone advise? Thanks

Did you check the actual pressure in the tyre when the warnings came up? I presume you checked the obvious problem of a slow leak in the tyre?

OP
D

Daven_chau

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 2014
Thanks for everyone's advise, appreciate your helps, not quite sure with a puncture, visually checked seems fine to me, also since the last time I went to mercedes, they managed to pump up some fresh air in and last for few months, I am guessing is the valve itself or maybe to do with the valve stem or core, still can't figure out if there's actual a problem of the parts or tyres then how can the tyre be working perfectly fine for few months, any chance is the system itself going mad? however still could be one of the reasons that you guys mentioned just occurred recently, so I am going to take it to a garage to let the professional diagnose
Thanks for the heads up guys

OP
D

Daven_chau

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 2014
Possibly a bent or cracked alloy wheel?

Not thought about these before, good shout out! Visually checked seems fine but not sure about the inner side so will take it to garage to see, thanks

OP
D

Daven_chau

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 2014
Hi and welcome,

Don’t have an answer for you though. Just another system designed to fleece the motorist imho.

I once took the car to the dealership for a service and after the car came back few days then there's a puncture with a screw on it! Didn't came to my mind at first, then took the car in again for something else was perfectly fine and the third time had another puncture! Not sure if this is coincidence

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom