Tracker....should you call 999????

jadefox

Reaction score
I know this seems like a truly blonde question, but how do you know if your car has one if you've bought it second or third hand...?
Is there any easy way to tell?

OP
T

True romance

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
slk280 (2008 face lift)
I know this seems like a truly blonde question, but how do you know if your car has one if you've bought it second or third hand...?

well mine came with transfer documents and the installation paper work, so I would guess this would be the same for all vehicles fitted with a tracking device.

alanuk400

Reaction score
Website
www.vipsec.co.uk
Your Mercedes
2018 W222 Mercedes S-Class LWB & 2006 R171 SLK 55AMG
That is a good question, just made me think I might have one (I wish), how do you check.

Alan

alanuk400

Reaction score
Website
www.vipsec.co.uk
Your Mercedes
2018 W222 Mercedes S-Class LWB & 2006 R171 SLK 55AMG
Just found out from Tracker mine is fitted,
Supplied proof of ownership to Tracker

£29 Transfer fee to put the vehicle into your name then either-
1. £122 for one year- TOTAL £151
2. £342 one off payment to cover you for as long as you keep the car- TOTAL £371
http://www.tracker.co.uk/SVR/Works.html
Four different levels, I have Horizon (had the car for a year and didn't know)

Alan

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
If unfortunatley some half wit steals your valued pride and joy - chances are it will be a severly damaged wreck or write off-you would not want it back anyway ?

MBDevotee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Dreaming of a CL55k - one day maybe....
I'd call tracker first.

Then they will activate the tracker in the car whilst you're calling the police. If you call the police first, they may be aware it's nicked, but the tracker isn't sending out any signal as to where they can find it...

999 or not? - Depends if you know the car's JUST been stolen - if you pop into a shop, come out and it's gone definately 999. If you come back from a 2 week holiday and it's not there, then I'd use the local number...

David Nock

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK/2009/320CDI
Easy Peasy. I will call 999 if my car is ever taken. It's a deffo emergency and the Police won't take kindly to you pussyfooting around- is it/isn't it an emergency - when they've got everything being handed to them on a plate for a result. The police give you a crime ref, then you call tracker using the emergency number and PIN NUMBER, both of which you've put in your phone previously. You give the Tracker call centre the crime ref and they then work with the police from there.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom