traffic sign assist

richardjgreen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk
cla 200 (2020) traffic sign assist not working or I am missing something?
took to Mercedes poole they updated software etc over 2 days
still does not read signs or display any thing on dash
phoned Mercedes they said they took it out and it read the signs, ni tested it by trying to drive in a one way street with no entry sign, I was able to drive into road with no warning.
they said the camera reads the signs and displays it on sat nav and on dash between dials, I said that is gps based and to prove it I covered the camera up with tape and the 30, 40 50, etc speed signs show on the map as they are gps based, am I the only one having trouble here??

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
I have a 2020 CLA 250 and it works perfectly for me.
I remember back to 2012 when I first had this system on a car and I thought it was basically just a gimmick with many false readings, but now it is genuinely useful with the speed limits being displayed in 2 places as you say. There has been occassions where I have not been sure of the speed limit of the road I am on, but a quick glance at the dash told me.

OP
R

richardjgreen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk
I have a 2020 CLA 250 and it works perfectly for me.
I remember back to 2012 when I first had this system on a car and I thought it was basically just a gimmick with many false readings, but now it is genuinely useful with the speed limits being displayed in 2 places as you say. There has been occassions where I have not been sure of the speed limit of the road I am on, but a quick glance at the dash told me.
hi, yes but those 2 readings are gps based ,does it alert you for no entry and no overtaking signs?

jimbg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class Estate 2020 220d Prem Plus
I presume you have Premium Plus trim?

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Speed Limit/ Camera Alert is GPS based. Traffic Sign Recognition is a camera system located in the interior mirror trim

jimbg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Camera system comes with Premium Plus trim.

OP
R

richardjgreen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk
yes I have premium plus ,if you cover the camera speed limit still shows as its gps based, it does not show no entry or overtaking signs

Benz17

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350d Amg Premium Saloon, Cavansite Blue, 2017
yes I have premium plus ,if you cover the camera speed limit still shows as its gps based, it does not show no entry or overtaking signs
It’s not meant to show no entry or overtaking signs, lol, it’s just for showing and warning for speed limits.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I also have Premium Plus trim but it never occurred to me that the display would show anything other than speed limits and I am fine with that.
Thinking back to 2012 when I had traffic sign assist on a Ford Focus I definitely remember seeing a no overtaking sign on occasion. I remember because I was looking to see if it showed the sign correct for right hand drive vehicles.

Benz17

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It should have been named speed sign assist, rather then traffic sign assist

Benz17

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Camera system comes with Premium Plus trim.
Camera system also comes on the premium model too. I have the single camera on mine, the camera also enables my multibeam headlights to function as intended, also operates the traffic sign assist.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Camera system also comes on the premium model too. I have the single camera on mine, the camera also enables my multibeam headlights to function as intended, also operates the traffic sign assist.
Different models can offer different equipment levels for a given trim spec.
With the current model CLA that myself and the OP has, only Premium Plus trim has multibeam led, panoramic roof, memory seats and traffic sign assist.
Speaking of the traffic sign assist you are correct about it only showing speed limits.
Here is a quote taken from the brochure which should clear up any confusion...
Safety and Assistance Systems
Traffic Sign Assist - the camera scans the forest of speed limit signs, so navigation data holds the current valid limit at all times

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
hi, yes but those 2 readings are gps based ,does it alert you for no entry and no overtaking signs?
Mine shows "no overtaking" signs on the dash, even although the signs are not present on the highway, so they must be gps based as well as the speed limits.

OP
R

richardjgreen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk
I disagree the speed limit showing on dash is gps based it should show signs for no overtaking and no entry as it states in handbook

jimbg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If it is working properly it does more than you say.

For instance if you go past a restricted speed sign, say 50 on the motorway then as long as the camera can see it then the car will indicate 50 mph.

Does your car do this?

Benz17

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I would just use my eyes to see the no entry sign they are fairly large, and difficult not to miss yes speed limit assist is handy, as the speed limits do and can vary on roads, but even then I would not solely rely on the car, would also look at signs myself, to make sure my speed is within limit, as can’t blame the car if I get caught speeding

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
every now & then my ML will show a NSL sign on my dash when I'm on a 30mph limit urban road .... I've yet to work out what it thinks it's seen.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom