Trailer lights not working!

PROJUMPER

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes
I have a ML280 with a factory fit tow bar which has 13 pin socket, with the use of an adaptor I have been using my small trailer.... I replaced the trailer yesterday with a new one, the new trailer has LED lights and a 13 pin plug.. The lights on the trailer don't work!
I have fitted a 13 to 7 socket on the car and a 13 to 7 on the trailer lead, still not working! has anyone else had this problem, if yes, how did you cure it?

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
It may be the LED lights presenting the wrong impedance (ohms) for the car to ‘recognise’ it, or it could be a wiring fault on the trailer.

Ask trailer manufacturer tech support?
They may send you a pin out and values to test for?

OP
P

PROJUMPER

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes
It may be the LED lights presenting the wrong impedance (ohms) for the car to ‘recognise’ it, or it could be a wiring fault on the trailer.

Ask trailer manufacturer tech support?
They may send you a pin out and values to test for?

Thank you for your reply, I assume its the impedance which is causing the problem, as the trailer lights work perfectly on my Defender!

Mark A

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
58 ML-320CDI.
It will almost certainly be the LED’s that are the issue. I refurbished my trailer and put LED’s on, nothing worked, you can mess about putting resistors in o get things to work but I ended up going back to standard bulbs.

I suspect your defender is fine because it doesn’t have systems to check and report on bulb failures etc..

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
This seems to have been a recurring problem when some caravan manufactures started fitting led tail lights. Some were sorted by adding a box of electrickery to the caravan but it seems that caravan manufactures tended to go back to standard lights.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
I say f the led .keep it simple,everytime we add some kind of tech its sommat else to go wrong and sommat else to pay for ,again!
I am all for any tech that I can fit and forget,my experience,just as I forget,as warranty expires it seems I must think about it again. Where ever possible today I avoid that..

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom