Transmission oil leak Help needed

PaulB190e

Reaction score
Hello
I have a problem with transmission fluid leaking from my 190e 2.6 Auto
The oil seems to be coming out between the gearbox and the engine and forms into a reddish droplet and eventually drips off or is blown backwards over the plastic cover on the gearbox and the exhaust. Looking on previous posts on this forum I have checked the o-ring on the dipstick as suggested but this seems fine. Also the transmission cooling pipes look ok.
Would this mean the gearbox needs to come out?
Other than the leak the box works fine.
I am sorry if this subject has already been covered in the past.
Any advice would be most welcome.
Thank you
Paul

Hibbo

Reaction score
Hi mate,
I know you say it appears to be coming from where the box meets the engine, but it may be worth checking other things.
The sumps on these boxes can turn porus with age - it happened to my pal's 190E 2.0.
When was the ATF last changed? I ask as it is possible that the sump gasket is not sat right or was maybe not replaced, or the sealing washers around the drain points (box & TC) are worn and leaking.
If it's not been changed recently then why not change it now and fit a new sump, sump gasket and drain plug washers?

There is also Automatic Transmission Leak Stop stuff available, must be worth a shot - just don't use Engine Leak Stop! :D

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom