Turbo For E220cdi

andrewheaney

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all

My Dad called today to say his car has no power, was making a hissing noise and blowing a little smoke, it turns out his turbo has gone.

Anyone know where he can get one from either reconditioned or second hand or new at a decent price?

The car is a 2001 E220cdi classic with 140k on the clock.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
I'd start with Mercman and Dronsfields to get an idea on what a used one would run at. There must be loads of crashed E220s around with perfect turbos.
Then the Web is full of reconditioners, plus a copy of auto trader.
Pulled up one web site at random http://www.speedways.co.uk/browse.do?sort=Name&keywords=709835-1/2
and prices for a recon were less that £400 for some part numbers. A lot less that I'd expected.

The only thing is, is he absolutely certain that the turbo has gone? Lots of other things give the same symtoms so I'd want to see the fault for myself or at the minimum get a 2nd opinion.

OP
andrewheaney

andrewheaney

Banned
Reaction score
  • Banned
Thanks for that, much appreciated. The car is with his mechanic so fingers crossed!

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom