Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Wow...Martin could make that list!!

Howard

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 500 / A 190
Looking at the fines etc , as long as Martin was just going quickly in a straight line and not being a prat , it doesn't look too bad ?

Perhaps we should have a sweepstake ?

I'll go with 65 days ban and a £600 fine

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
155mph on two wheels is scary - approaching the overbridge with momentary double vision, due to one's head being shaken around by the buffeting, is "interesting" - which bridge does one aim for? :shock:.

Yoof.

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
To be honest, I don't think Martin is looking at anything custodial, just a ban and a fine. Anything over 150mph seems to involve jail, but 138 is piffling. Must try harder.

OP
st4

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
  • Banned
Martin was busted in Scotland, but racing on a B road at 138mph is the speed that matches him. Thats bonkers silly doing that and racing others, a reciepe for danger. Im surprised they get off so light

Biker brothers Graeme and Michael Bruce were caught racing one another on their high-powered Suzuki GSXR motorbikes (like the ones above)at speeds of up to 138mph along a country road, the B936 in Fife, Scotland. They were both banned from driving for six months and ordered to pay £300 each.

Last edited:

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
but 138 is piffling. Must try harder.

There is a >150mph club - members are few, for good reason.

The 155mph rider wouldn't do it these days though.

OP
st4

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
  • Banned
Only time I've seen 150 + was in Germany. It was very very fast but at least legal.

Speeds like this, really aren't big or clever and given Martins prediciment, I'd advise no-one does this sort of speed on our roads. It isn't worth it and is really silly.

Last edited:

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Only time I've seen 150 + was in Germany. It was very very fast but at least legal.

Speeds like this, really aren't big or clever and given Martins prediciment, I'd advise no-one does this sort of speed on our roads. It isn't worth it and is really silly.

Indeed, and I hope you've had a stern word with Martin.

OP
st4

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
  • Banned
martins beating himself up about the whole thing and is very anxious, he appreciates such things are stupid and silly but fears the consequences are grave

Last edited:

ianstaley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270CDi 2001.
155mph on two wheels is scary - approaching the overbridge with momentary double vision, due to one's head being shaken around by the buffeting, is "interesting" - which bridge does one aim for? :shock:.

Yoof.

155MPH on FOUR wheels is scary in this country, in Germany it isn't so bad as they expect some nob head to be doing well over 120 anyway. But here in the UK that is tantamount to suicide.

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
155MPH on FOUR wheels is scary in this country, in Germany it isn't so bad as they expect some nob head to be doing well over 120 anyway. But here in the UK that is tantamount to suicide.

Agreed - being a relative minor (about 25) at the time, the rider wouldn't do it these days.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Martin probably won't be able to afford it due to upcoming financial commitments.

K J C

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 AMG Sport - 2014 - Tuned by GAD
PC Mark Milton (pictured) from Shropshire was cleared of driving at 159mph in his unmarked Vauxhall Vectra patrol car on the M54 in December 2003. The judge said he was an advanced driver and was familiarising himself with the car. He was caught by the patrol car's onboard camera.

I've done a bit of "familiarising" myself, but I'm sure the judge wouldn't have had the same view if I got caught... Makes you wonder what engine was fitted to make a Vectra go that fast :shock:

range rover

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class Blue EFFICIENCY 250 CDI Sport 2013
If anyone wants to see REAL speed on two wheels watch radio ulster tonight at 10.35 and you will see highlights of the Ulster Grand Prix which took place last Saturday, it is in case anyone has any illusions 'the fasted motorcycle race in the world'.
Crazy stuff in my opinion.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom