Understanding Mercedes Parts numbering

OP
Submariner1

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
A quick update ..... finally, MB Technical have confirmed the new battery is the right one, and they were intially wrong in saying it should be a 95AH battery.

Mercedes have apparrently down graded it to 92AH, and although the part no. ends in 82 08 /26, the /26 suffix does not appear on the label on the battery.

( I was initially concerned as there was a previous battery ending in 82 08 ... with no /26 suffix, which has been replaced and would be the wrong battery ).

So if you get a 92AH replacement be happy.

Last edited:

Parkgate

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 2005 2.7CDI
All that faff over a battery? If I remember correctly initial cranking power is not the same as a battery's AH rating, so yes the AH can drop but the cranking power can go up...the higher AH might be better if you leave everything on overnight, for say 5 minutes. Take a chill pill :D

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
People give the OP some slack.

He drives a Benz (a very nice model at that). He wants it to be perfect. He who pays says.

He is fair to ask questions.

I know there's some light hearted mickey taking here but Submariner1 is the one who's handing over his hard-earned to replace a battery he probably didn't really want to have to fork out for - so I think he's fully entitled to check that he's getting what he paid for... and we mustn't forget that apart from paying even more tax (20% VAT) for every £1 you spend, you probably had to have an income of about £1.30 to pay it out in the first place so that nice Mr Hammond could shove his dirty not-so-little fingers into your pocket!

Yup, it's the old heads you lose, tails they win game but then, whatever is needed, MB's margin is quietly ticking over regardless - thank you very much!

talljhawkins

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w211 e280cdi
I, for one, as someone who's just bought a (needed) battery replacement for my w211 would like to thank @Submariner1. I too went straight back into the parts dept of my merc garage and asked them the same question as I realised the ah had changed and they had already told me that they had screwed up some part numbers the week before on batteries.

thankyou (albeit a little belatedly given the age of this thread ;-) this thread helped me !

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom