Unlocking COMAND to play DVD and Mp3

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
I'd be tempted to wait whilst Alfie comes online.

He's the COMAND expert on here...Oh, and how can the seller justify £2.00 postage for an email?

OP
Timechaser

Timechaser

Reaction score
He's the COMAND expert on here...Oh, and how can the seller justify £2.00 postage for an email?

Dont know!!! However - as I said, £7 is all it will cost for him to never be able to sell that thing again, as the instructions will go on this notice board FAST! :)

Waiting for alfie now...

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I think this option is only from 04-5 cars only, or those with the widescreen.

Malcolm

OP
Timechaser

Timechaser

Reaction score
Does that mean itll work with my car? which is an 06/06 CLK?

OP
Timechaser

Timechaser

Reaction score
I found this on benzworld.org

The code I used to get into engineering mode on my 2004 S430 with DVD/MP3comand was mute+1+3+9+left arrow.

Can someone try this and confirm? Apparently, this works better with European COMAND/DVDs and doesnt work with US ones. It also allows you to burn MP3s onto a DVD and use that in the COMAND system.

OP
Timechaser

Timechaser

Reaction score
Sorry for cluttering this thread with my own posts, but I have found a document which details how to get into the engineering menu to unlock the MP3 and DVD option on the COMAND, and to set the COMAND to region free.

If someone wants this, please let me know - or if there is sufficient interest, I can mail it to someone to post it on here?

The Doc says it has been tested on an SLK350, 2004 UK Spec.

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
Hmmmmmmm...

It is possible to get into engineering mode on the newer comand-aps units however;

DVD film playback is not possible on A/B/C/CLK comand units without expensive additional hardware.

Unlocking TV in motion is possible but since people started posting the instructions on eBay, Mercedes have withdrawn the feature from software version 6.2 onwards. Its probably still available in version 5 for the E, CLS etc but WILL be withdrawn. It is possible to enable MP3 playback which could be very useful.

Dont waste your £7 its only a few keystrokes. I have the comprehensive document myself but as I do not agree with enabling TV in motion I'm not prepared to make it public. Sorry. I will post a cut down version of it later.

Be careful when entering some keystrokes as you can 'reboot' your comand unit inadvertantly which can mean loss of stored destinations!

OP
Timechaser

Timechaser

Reaction score
Alfie - thanks for your comments. I am primarily interested in the MP3 capability - I do not care for, or am going to use the DVD functionality. Far far far too dangerous when driving.

My car is a May 2006 CLK - dont know what software version is there in it, but would very much appreciate help on unlocking the MP3 capability.

As for rebooting - I dont care if I lose destinations, as long as I dont screw up the entire COMAND system. If there is a danger of that, please warn me now - wont even touch the damned thing!!!

Cheers
TC

124coupe

Reaction score
This doesn't work on any E class that has had the latest operating software added during a service (blocked!).

Gordon R

Reaction score
Command Unlock Codes W211

I read with interest Alfie's post. I have a 2006 E Class W211 that I think is 6.1and would like the video in motion. I have tried the US guide that indicates Mute/Phone/Sev hold downs but this does not put it in to Engineering mode. Any ideas please? Thanks

steve.link

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 W222 S500, 2019 W213 E220
As 124coupe says - your Head Unit Software doesn't support the "Engineering Menu"

MB changed it on late 2005 build cars and its also removed if a SW upgrade is applied to the HU - You cannot "go back" to an earlier SW version either

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
This facility has been removed from STAR on the current versions

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
I read with interest Alfie's post. I have a 2006 E Class W211 that I think is 6.1and would like the video in motion. I have tried the US guide that indicates Mute/Phone/Sev hold downs but this does not put it in to Engineering mode. Any ideas please? Thanks

Version 6.1 software doesnt work on the W211 comand units. You should use version 6, 5.1 or 5. Better still version 7 which is just out. Available at www.comandonline.co.uk

Gordon R

Reaction score
More Info

Alfie and others many thanks for your notes. I actually have a late 2003 W211E320Cdi and am upgrading to the Command from APS 50. I have the HK Audio Gateway and the fibre optic cables and the plug loom for the DVD Nav Unit to AG. So far I have just fitted the head unit that is fom a 2006 car. The DVD Navigation Rom is 5.1 so is this the version that would affect the head unit?. If so, could it be the case that as the DVD Navigation unit has not been wired to date that this is preventing bringing up the engineering mode?

steve.link

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 W222 S500, 2019 W213 E220
If you look at post 10 there is a link to the relavent information - I think there is 6 or 7 combinations that might take you into engineering mode. If none of these work I think its fairly certain your HU has the newer software which blocks the access.

To be certain you will need to get a dealer to hook it up to a Star machine and find the HU SW version for you

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom