vaccum leak

mr rosher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 e430
:cry: hi , from what i can understaned from previours threads, and the replys,( thank you all ) ive got a vaccum leak some where,today i thought it was the throttle body flap as it was slightly opened and when pushed shut the idle was great, now a few of you tell me the flap needs to be opened slightly which means the leak is some where else??? i can hear the air when i blip the throttle body, but can`t find where its coming from, ive even tried spraying carburettor cleaner around the manifold and nothing, this is driving me mad can anyone help,????

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
:cry: hi , from what i can understaned from previours threads, and the replys,( thank you all ) ive got a vaccum leak some where,today i thought it was the throttle body flap as it was slightly opened and when pushed shut the idle was great, now a few of you tell me the flap needs to be opened slightly which means the leak is some where else??? i can hear the air when i blip the throttle body, but can`t find where its coming from, ive even tried spraying carburettor cleaner around the manifold and nothing, this is driving me mad can anyone help,????

You cant just listen for air being sucked in you need a tube to your ear, and move the other end around all of the component .

Make one from a small funnel and a piece of hose pipe pushed on the the funnel, put this to your ear.

Malcolm

Top Bottom