vaccum system

the g

Reaction score
Website
www.lesscallingcard.com
I have problem with my 95 w140. The 1st problem I have is the engine light was on, don't know why. Then a week after or more my vaccum system just stop working. And of course the gas tank is locked too. My car has been garaged since that, it has been more than 2 months. Can anyone help me if there's a way to open the gas tank manually? And is there a way to shut off the engine light? Any suggestion where the best inexpensive reliable mechanic in Seattle,wa? tHANKS

Zanimat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 E300D W124
Can you open the trunk? Not sure about the W140, but the W124 has an emergency fuel flap release in the trunk near the flap.

philharve

Reaction score
Website
go.to
Your Mercedes
W202 C230K Auto 2000
Hi tom7035

Can you, or any other member, confirm whether the vacuum system can be bypassed in order to gain access to the inside of the car or the fuel tank filler?

Is the boot lock also vaccum controlled? I have a C-class but my inquiry relates to Mercedes-Benz models, in general.

How is the vacuum created because I'm not aware of any noises from the vacuum-generating equipment whilst the car is being driven? Or is the vacuum created by the engine whilst running?

REGARDS Phil

Zanimat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 E300D W124
I'm puzzled by this whole question. On my W124, when I use the key to unlock a door, it appears to actuate the locking mechanism directly, so the door will open irrespective of the vacuum system. It also signals the vacuum unit which then operates all the other locks (actually by pressure, I think). So I can't see why you cannot gain access to the interior & the trunk......unless your car is different??? Or do you only have a remote locking system?

Top Bottom