vans !

splitshift

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clk 200 kompresser convertable, 2001 Citroen c2 Audi A3, jaguar xj6 and big scanias !
Guys , n guyettes !! after replacing the blower motor on my c class, after designing "new " brushes, to no avail !Am looking for another merc. I cycle, lots so, old, mk 1 vito ,prob panel van, but with windows in the rear, workshop in the very rear ! poss camper style conversion. gotta be derv, gotta know what goes wrong !Ive seen a couple, autotrader sites, 800/1000 pounds seems to buy very old examples !14000 plus miles, I know they are good but.......?
So, what kills em, what should i look for, and whats the best engine /s ?
thanks again !
Scott:cool:

lwbnick

Reaction score
Website
euromerc.tumblr.com
Your Mercedes
expedition
Guys , n guyettes !! after replacing the blower motor on my c class, after designing "new " brushes, to no avail !Am looking for another merc. I cycle, lots so, old, mk 1 vito ,prob panel van, but with windows in the rear, workshop in the very rear ! poss camper style conversion. gotta be derv, gotta know what goes wrong !Ive seen a couple, autotrader sites, 800/1000 pounds seems to buy very old examples !14000 plus miles, I know they are good but.......?
So, what kills em, what should i look for, and whats the best engine /s ?
thanks again !
Scott:cool:

Vitos should be avoided at all costs, a combination of rust and very poor build quality puts them at the bottom of any van shopping list.

Consider a SWB Vivaro, a much better van.

OP
S

splitshift

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clk 200 kompresser convertable, 2001 Citroen c2 Audi A3, jaguar xj6 and big scanias !
thanks !!

OOPS ! thanks a lot, just goes to show, a few years away from the motor trade and you know nuffin !! ok, shopping list ripped up and starting again !!!
Honest, thank you !
scott

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
I had a V-Class 220CDI Ambiente which I kept for 11 years and covered 200k miles and it never let me down. Rust and electrics can be a problem with them but if you can find one that has been looked after they are good vehicles.

Sweetpea1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211
OOPS ! thanks a lot, just goes to show, a few years away from the motor trade and you know nuffin !! ok, shopping list ripped up and starting again !!!
Honest, thank you !
scott

If your budget is £1000, pretty much every van you look at is going to be 'rough'.

My business is commercial vehicles and I would say you'd want to spend a minimum of £2k. Anything below this price will become 'an ongoing project' if you follow my meaning....

Whereabouts in the country are you?

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Get a transit mate. Nice an cheap, easy to get parts and always popular.
Many conversion options and great / easy to work on.
Would be at the top of my list along with VWs.
Keep clear of tarted up dealer 'trade-ins'. Always plenty in your local ads but check history.
Good luck.

Cardinal Biggles

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 (09) W219; C220D (07) W204
Vito is a classic example of badge engineering. The three pointed star hides its natural classic Spanish build. They are OK vans, but not worth a premium over the Sevel vans.

If you want Mercedes in a van ------- buy a Volkswagen.

Roxie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class 350CDI 2012
Vito is a classic example of badge engineering. The three pointed star hides its natural classic Spanish build. They are OK vans, but not worth a premium over the Sevel vans.

If you want Mercedes in a van ------- buy a Volkswagen.

Mercedes make the VW Grafter body so how can they be better?

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
Get a transit mate. Nice an cheap, easy to get parts and always popular.
Many conversion options and great / easy to work on.
Would be at the top of my list along with VWs.
Keep clear of tarted up dealer 'trade-ins'. Always plenty in your local ads but check history.
Good luck.

couldnt agree more. driven many a VW T4 and T5, renault master, Fiat ducato, sprinter etc and i STILL rate the transit best to own, simply due to the availability and costs of them. i had an old 2.5Di transit myself. often i wish i still had it!

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
couldnt agree more. driven many a VW T4 and T5, renault master, Fiat ducato, sprinter etc and i STILL rate the transit best to own, simply due to the availability and costs of them. i had an old 2.5Di transit myself. often i wish i still had it!

Me too.
I had a small compact converted mini bus.
Just a little 'pimped' and it was auto.. i still miss mine.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom