Visit workshop Error on Softop

Nixsonr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clk 55 Amg CAB W209
Hi All,

First of all wow what a site for information.

I have recently bought a 2003 W209 Clk 55 Amg Convertible. I love the car and it makes me smile every time I start her up. That said I have had a number of issues with the roof that have so far cost me upwards of 2k. :cry:

I have had the main rams replaced and also the boot divider rams replaced along with various other adjustments. Everything was working fine until the other day when I put some stuff in the boot, now during roof operation I get a message saying " Top Visit Workshop" and a little car in the dash display. Nothing was forced into the boot and strangely the message only stays there's for a few seconds and the roof still works (at the moment).

I'm reluctant to keep using it in case the roof stops working half way through going up or down (which has happened already). I'm also reluctant to go running straight back the my local garage but do appreciate that's what I may have to do however any hints you could give me would be gratefully received.

Thanks for reading.

Regards
Richard

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
There is sure to be an error logged. Get it on star before you start guessing what to replace

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom