Vito 111 CDi, about to purchase

MARTIN POTTS

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 111 CDi (being purchased)
Hi

I am in the process or potentially buying a Vito 111 CDi which is a 2009, appears to be in mint condition (seat version, all leather) but there are one or two things that I am not sure about.

The service light shows it requires a service, at only 36,000 miles from new does anyone know what service level will be required and as a ball park figure what are Mercedes likely to charge.

And in a similar vein I reckon all 3 disc will need replacing, what sort of price would I be looking at for that.

I spoken with a few owners I've met now and the general consensus is they are a good vehicle, I'm more a nervy buy particular as it is a private sale and no warranty.

The only other thing I noticed is the underside of the chassis appeared orange with what I guess is surface rust as it it not often actually used, should I be concerned?

Thanks in anticipation

Martin

PovertySpec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDi 07/57
Take it to a local indi and get it checked out properly then put it on STAR.

The upfront cost will potentiality save you hundreds of pounds, possibly thousands.

You will know if you want to buy it and, from day one, know what needs doing to it to get it up to the standard you are happy to live with.

Whereabouts are you?

OP
M

MARTIN POTTS

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Take it to a local indi and get it checked out properly then put it on STAR.

The upfront cost will potentiality save you hundreds of pounds, possibly thousands.

You will know if you want to buy it and, from day one, know what needs doing to it to get it up to the standard you are happy to live with.

Whereabouts are you?

I'm near Coleshill (just outside south east Brum) the vehicle is unfortunately in South Wales; I've made two trips already and you know when something feels almost there but not quite, it 2009, just under 36K from new and all MOT's services back this up but at an asking of 10.5K it doesn't look wildly off target price wise but without a warranty or an expert view of it I'm hesitating. Can you explain more about Star - I actually don't know what that means

OP
M

MARTIN POTTS

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Actually, no need to answer that I've found one near where the car is for sale and spoken with them about getting it in; cheers.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
I haven't driven a 111 but my 1st thoughts would be to consider what differential it has and the type of driving you want it for.
Likely it will have the lower ratio diff, but the higher ratio was an option. It will pull away easily but be high revving when motorway cruising, so better suited to around town work.

At such low mileage I would have concerns around that being geniune or it having been sttod for long periods.
They prefer to be used anyway but a vehicle that has hasdlong periods of inactivity may have been a problem motor.

OP
M

MARTIN POTTS

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well I'll find out tomorrow have booked it in with Merc to check everything top to bottom, worth paying for a couple of hours before committing though whether or not there is any comeback when a wheel does drop off who knows; at least they know what they are looking for.

The MOT and service history shows its done regular mileage each year, the first owner for 8 years apparently had a fleet of nice cars to choose from hence this one had limited use.

I'll just have to wait and see

Thanks

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom