Vito won’t start when warm

OP
R

R4mos

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito
Yeah thought so but battery went flat while trying to start when hot will sort battery & re test

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 vito 113 CDI OM651 W639 panel van
Rail pressure does look a bit low, from memory on my own Vito iirc it should be around 300

OP
R

R4mos

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito
Hi I’ve got a Mercedes Vito 2006 109 and it is very difficult to start when warm even from cold it can be hard to start , fuel filter , fuel rail & sensors , injectors,cam & crank sensors even ecu all been replaced but still the same please has anyone had this issue & cured it
Hi still having issues but found if you disconnect the coolant temp sensor it’s fine fitted a new sensor but still having starting issues

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 vito 113 CDI OM651 W639 panel van
Looks like your problem is electrical in the end up. Cant figure out how disconnecting the temp sensor makes it ok especially with a Changed ECU and a new temp sensor. I would get it to an Auto spark and get him checking it over.

supernoodle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 2005 2.1D
I would suggest disconnecting the temp sensor forces the ECU to use a default temp and take further mitigating reactions.
When the temp is known, fuel quantities, injection pattern, rail pressure etc is demanded to suit. When the temp is unknown it has to be cautious and make sure it will start and run, so fuelling maybe higher, different rail pressures.
The rail control pressure control mode may be different too.

As already suggested, log as much as possible on a good and bad start. What's different?

Last edited:

BIG UN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito Dualiner
Why don't you get it on Star?? No disrespect but the non genuine code readers don't always give you detailed info like DAS.. Star can give you live data as well, I'd of thought it's the cheap option especially the amount of stuff you have already swapped.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Top Bottom