W107 500SL AMG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceri philpott

Reaction score
Can anybody help me out with some information....

Having recently purchased a W107 500SL AMG (1986) and am trying to find out some information about this model.
I am unable to track down any other owners of this model and would appreciate any help in finding out how many were produced, if there are any other such models in UK etc. etc.

Great Forum - do you / we ever meet up?

Cheers
SLAMG

Malcolm Brown

Reaction score
Website
www.******************.co.uk
At that time, AMG were not part of MB and, basically, they took an existing vehicle and fitted their parts to it. So you could have any or all of body kit, wheels, exhaust, brakes, engine mods and probabiy interior bits like seats and steering wheel.

From your name I'm guessing you could be in Wales - and I met a Welsh bloke a few months ago who was looking to sell his AMG 107, so it sounds like there's a good chance I've seen the car. I remember the body kit & wheels, but not much else. Aha - just found a picture (5th pic down, bottom car in shot) .... http://www.sl-mercedes.com/16777.html

Is that it???

OP
C

ceri philpott

Reaction score
Malcolm,
you've made my day....many thanks for getting back to me - that's my baby !!!

I purchased her from Alan (the Welsh guy that you met) a couple of months back and have since started the significant renovation project. Mechanically she is very sound but as you no doubt noticed the bodywork is in need of some TLC.

Do you have any recommendations for finding out further information about this AMG model? Have you seen any others at the shows / SL Celebration events?- I'm assuming that you attend these events given the fact you could find a picture of my actual car :eek: . Can you recommend any upcoming events that are worth visiting or clubs that are worth joining.

Kind regards
Ceri

PS I went to school at The King's School in Macclesfield - small world.

lindowkid

Reaction score
Interesting stuff - I bought a 500SL 107 87 in July, just had the sills re-done and I'm trying to get the wheels re-furbished, but can't decide whether to get them sprayed or re-laquered. Nice car, like the wheels - have seen some of these on ebay, quite tempted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom