W107 Central Locking Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malcolm Brown

Reaction score
Website
www.******************.co.uk
The boot lock and driver's door lock both centrally lock and unlock everything including the passenger door, but the passenger door lock does not lock or unlock anything except itself.

Having looked through past posts, this doesn't look like any of the vacuum problems described previously. I've probably not fully understood the how the vacuum system works, but I wonder if it could it be an electrical problem. Are there there any electrics involved such as a switch on the lock that opens valves or activates a motor? Or maybe it's an endearing design feature that's supposed to work that way (seems unlikely).

OP
M

Malcolm Brown

Reaction score
Website
Andy

Thanks - and looking though again, I found your replies in an earlier thread on the W126. I think electrics is first place to look in my case. If I'm right that the pump is in the boot behind the opening trim panel on the right-hand side, then I'll start on that before I resort to messing with door trim!

Thanks again.

Anthony Banos

Reaction score
Malcom,

There is nothing wrong with your locking system.On the 107 The pasenger door has no master locking system (only driver's door) and when the key is used on the pasenger door it only operates that door locking system.

Anthony Banos

Reaction score
Hi Malcom

Owners manuals they are not always correct. Try following:- site on the pasenger door an try to lock manually. It would not work, you cant lock the door from iinside, only from the drivers door can you lock all locks, pasenger, boot and petrol flap. With the key from outside you can lock only the pasenger door if you use it on that door, but all locks will close from the drivers door. Also if all doors are open and you use the key on the boot, it will only lock the boot and not the doors. Note that there are three keys, a square handle, an oval and a flat one. Only the square locks all locks.

Regards

OP
M

Malcolm Brown

Reaction score
Website
Anthony

Thanks. I'll take your word over the manual's. Apart from anything, even if the manual is right, it's not a hugely inconvenient problem. And, as I said before, I don't want to spend ages fiddling with the door trim for no good reason.

OP
M

Malcolm Brown

Reaction score
Website
Andy

Thanks very much. That was two anwers in one!

First, I now know that MB get their manuals right. And second, there is a problem waiting to be fixed.

However, I think I might wait for something more drastic in that area to need attention before I dive in.

PS to folks generally - I know its probably very bad of me to mention it here, but I've picked up a couple of useful tips recently from a US-based forum at http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforum/index.php3  For instance, how to get rid of a noise that falls short of a satisfying teutonic clunk when slamming  my boot (trunk!!). A few other good tips, and loads of rubbish too, but worth a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom