W124 200E insurance write off - advice please!

Mr Teddy Bear

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 W208 CLK 230K SPORT: MG F 1.8VVC: Flame Red Rover 216GTi
Don't let em' write it off the guy at the back pay's some one ran it to you I believe? he is responsible for all the damage. I assume you're comprehensively insured? Not worth repairing isn't an issue here as some one else is culpable.

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
all MB sold..V70R now ;-)
Don't let em' write it off

if thats what the insurance company say ...very very little can be done to avoid them slapping it with a cat C or D

Insurance companys generally do what they like:rolleyes:

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
Don't let em' write it off the guy at the back pay's some one ran it to you I believe? he is responsible for all the damage. I assume you're comprehensively insured? Not worth repairing isn't an issue here as some one else is culpable.

true, perhaps, but they still wont repair it and will write it off as its beyond economical repair!

d215yq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1987 W124 300D 280k miles
IIRC when I was looking for mine (allbeit an estate) there comes a point where if it works mechanically and has an MOT it doesn't become worth much less than £500 even if it has different coloured doors or huge holes in the wings!

I'm pretty sure that could be pulled roughly back to shape for free and then driven until it breaks/the MOT runs out by someone. Maybe not suitable for the OP but if once it is written off the insurers offer it for something silly like £75 i'm sure on ebay as a spares or repair someone will have it off you for £350 as a disposable car...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom