W124 230E Erratic tickover

sebastien

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 E200
I am thinking that the fuel pump relay will stop fuel pump or pumps from working untill it is replaced
i checked inside the pump relay (the green one) and it s like brand new. Inside no rust just look perfect

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Sebastien You have one of the rare 200 model cars .And i have searched for other members and its so hard to find information on these 200 s Dont know if you have the right relay for fuel pump ,,but i should look like this . s-l1600.jpg

sebastien

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 E200
Sebastien You have one of the rare 200 model cars .And i have searched for other members and its so hard to find information on these 200 s Dont know if you have the right relay for fuel pump ,,but i should look like this . View attachment 74774
Mine is actually like this and look perfectly brand new I opened it and no cracks nothing

Attachments

• Genuine-Mercedes-Benz-Classe-E-W124-surcharge-relais.jpg
    Genuine-Mercedes-Benz-Classe-E-W124-surcharge-relais.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 4

sebastien

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 E200
I changed the canister, the fuel regulator, the intake temperature sensor, cleaned the pipe between fuel tank and canister

sebastien

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 E200
Thats not the fuel pump relay its the ovp relay
this is my ovp relay and I changed it as well. it's located behind the battery we might not have the same model

Attachments

• 12_1412592_214200560241PM.jpg
    12_1412592_214200560241PM.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 0

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
So the ovp relay is above is right . .But in your first picture your saying its the fuel pump relay ... i have never seen a fuel pump relay with a fuse on the top like you have ,,but i did say you have a rare model .

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
So a check on the first relay proves it could be for fuel pump or auxiliary fan . So i love to see where this relay is situated .Can you post a picture please .

sebastien

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 E200
So a check on the first relay proves it could be for fuel pump or auxiliary fan . So i love to see where this relay is situated .Can you post a picture please .
the ovp (red one) is just behind the battery and the fuel pump relay (the green one) is in the fuse and relay box. sorry I can't take picture now as there is a storm outside and the camera on y phone is also messing up with me

sebastien

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 E200
I think I should create another thread about my problem

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Nimdy any news mate ,,we got side tracked . I would wire that 7-8 pins on the fpr try it, and if its ok, then replace the relay cost you nothing do this.

OP
N

nimdy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 E230 1992
Nimdy any news mate ,,we got side tracked . I would wire that 7-8 pins on the fpr try it, and if its ok, then replace the relay cost you nothing do this.
I replaced my fpr a few weeks ago, now awaiting for the arrival of my new very expensive Bosch tps potentiometer which should be arriving next week and hopefully I'll get around to fitting it next weekend. I have watched a youtube video by a guy from Serbia on how to do it, I think fitting is simple but adjustment is the difficult part.

OP
N

nimdy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 E230 1992
I replaced my fpr a few weeks ago, now awaiting for the arrival of my new very expensive Bosch tps potentiometer which should be arriving next week and hopefully I'll get around to fitting it next weekend. I have watched a youtube video by a guy from Serbia on how to do it, I think fitting is simple but adjustment is the difficult part.
If that doesn't work I'll be putting my kit car back on the road whilst I ponder my next step, but I have everything crossed for this one.

OP
N

nimdy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 E230 1992
Update 27 :D replaced potentiometer and..................................no difference. I ran the car with the air filter off and one thing I noticed was that the circular flap within the air intake seems to move of its' own accord. I cleaned out the throat and there was a little dirt in there but now it is spotless. What seems to happen is that sometimes it ticks over a little high and there is a slight gap visible at the edge of this flap, when it is idling normally there is no visible gap and finally when I rev it and let go the flap seem to come up a little higher than when idling normally and the car cuts out.

I noticed that there is a rubber buffer on the bar that runs across the top of the air intake but the bolt that I assume holds the flap to something does not come near the buffer, my question is should it? Also is it ok to remove this flap to clean it or would that be a disaster?

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom