W124 replacing wing mirrors

tim124

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 E280 Estate/1995/2.8
Hi, how easy (or difficult) is it to replace just the mirror-glass in W124 (E280, 1996) wing mirrors? Mine are scratched and are causing 'flaring' of headlights at night (not good).
Thanks.

d w124

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 S124 E320 W124
They clip on the inside on the motor so my advice is to open the mirror saving braking anything
The easy way is just get the mirror glass and glue on your one but that`s only the cheap and not so cheerful way

Some guy on the internet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few.
They clip on the inside on the motor so my advice is to open the mirror saving braking anything
The easy way is just get the mirror glass and glue on your one but that`s only the cheap and not so cheerful way

That's just silly!

The mirror glass will pop out if you pry it gently from the bottom edge. Best to do it with a broad bladed knife to spread the load. That takes three seconds.

I think your car will have electric mirrors on both sides. To install a replacement mirror simply plug it in, locate the round ball over the hole & with a cloth between the mirror & the palm of your hand firmly press it home. Once it's in you can move it by hand to situate it. That takes about 15 seconds.

d w124

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 S124 E320 W124
d w14,

Have you ever taken a W124 mirror glass off & replaced it?

That would be my hand holding the frame

shop080.jpg

I know is very simple for you considering you do it for a living

PS:Tried replying to your pm the other day but your inbox was full

Last edited:

Some guy on the internet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few.
My inbox?

BTW, it's not necessary to remove the mirror from the door to replace the glass!

d w124

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 S124 E320 W124
My inbox?At the Official

BTW, it's not necessary to remove the mirror from the door to replace the glass!

I know you don`t have to remove the mirror in order to change the glass,I only said my advice is to do so,saves the first timers from breaking anything

SilverSaloon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124/1994/om606
done it a few times... its easy to do and will pry off, but the word for the day is "CAREFUL".

take you time and make sure its all clipped back in and it will be fine

Last edited:

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom