W124 Stiff accelerator pedel

S

sowlerthjh

I have noticed in recent days that the accelerator pedel on my 300D W124 has become more rough, and will not move smoothly. This is especially a problem in an automatic, as the gearbox will sometimes go down a gear and accelerate more strongly than necessary.

I have had some WD-40 sprayed onto the pedel, which has not made a huge difference. What else could cause the stiffness, or is more WD-40 the answer?

Regards,

sowlerthjh

P Cross

Reaction score
Just had the same problem with my W124 200,disconnected the cable from the engine tied it up in the engine bay and squirted silicone lubricant down between the outer and inner cables with a syringe and fine needle, took a bit of it to do the trick but its really smooth now,if you tie the inner cable to the bonnet you can work it in with the pedal. Check that the roller in the throttle mechanism is turning freely, I lubricated mine with grease. The inner cable of my car is covered with a plastic sleeve, I was worried that oil
might make it swell hence the silicone lube and not oil. You could also lube the back of the pedal where it slides against the metal arm.

Spike

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 SL500
The cables shouldnt need greasing. Spraying some grease down the inner may extend its life a little but long term, you need to replace the cable. Shouldnt be too exbenzive

MW

Reaction score
Mine is also very stiff, and I have got use to it. On previous cars I have taken the inner cable out and greased/oiled it. The results are a transformation. Must save fuel as its less jerky. Problem is I can't see how to get to the peddle past the mass of covers etc. Any ideas?

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom