w126 cuts out after ignition...

M

monkeyson

Hi all

Can anyone help please?

I tried to start my w126 420 sel this morning and although it turned over adn "caught", the engine then cut out immediately before I could rev it or change gear or anything.

I've had the car for 8 months now, trouble free, and it had a full service a month ago.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

MS

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
With all of this rain and damp weather, I would check the dizzy cap and rotor arm for tracking

OP
M

monkeyson

Thanks will do.

Seem to remember garage mentioned dizzy cap screws rusted in. Getting the feeling this might hurt...

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Or the fuel pump relay.

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Dont think this one has a ballast as its a 420. Could be wrong. :)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The fuel pump relay can be dodgy take it out and bridge pins 7 and 8 and see in it keeps running

I fixed 2 last month

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom