W129 1997 500sl electric windows programing

hugsy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
500sl/2005 w230 and 2004 ML350
Hi folks
Every time I take the ignition key out and leave the car for a couple of hours ,when I open either of the doors again the window lowers itself to half way. Having got in and closed the door if I open the door again the window lowers completely. Whichever door I enter ,once in the car having put the key in the ignition ...when then lowering the oposite door window(which is still fully closed because the door hasnt been opened on that side) it wont lower itself in one motion ,as it should,you have to keep your finger on the window switch permenently. I then reprogramme the two windows as per handbook by opening and closing both windows at the same time and keeping pressure on the switches for 5 secs after the windows ae closed. Anyone had any similar problem.? The battery is fully charged so it is not a power loss.Could it possibly be connected to the car radio being wired in incorrectly? See my other thread
Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If you reset the windows with the key turned to 2 (ign on) then if the windows drop to ½ way this indicates that the control module is loosing its plus supply or a fault within that module.

To do a total reset it is done by disconnecting the battery, wait ½ hour and the windows drop ½ way down the same as on the 140 CL's, a dirty fuse holder could cause it

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom