W164 Fuel starvation?

mercman149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
190, 190e, 230TE (all 1989), C180 (1995), C180 (1996), 220CDi Turbo (2000) & ML280 ED S CDi 4-Matic
My 2008 ML280 V6 is refusing to start.

I have already fitted a new GP relay and GPs which heat up nicely when the ignition is switched on.

I have checked the fuel lines for leaks and replaced a 15cm corroded piece of steel pipe with rubber hose in both lines just ahead of the fuel tanks so I'm fairly certain there's no leaks.

The fuel filter is new.

When I turn the engine over, I see very little smoke come out of the exhausts which tends to make me think fuel starvation may be the problem.

Does anyone know how I test the fuel rail pressures and what I'd need to do that?

Anyone got other suggestions of what may be the problem?

Fuel pressure regulator? What does it do and where would I find it on the engine?

Thanks folks

OP
M

mercman149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
190, 190e, 230TE (all 1989), C180 (1995), C180 (1996), 220CDi Turbo (2000) & ML280 ED S CDi 4-Matic
My 2008 ML280 V6 is refusing to start.

I have already fitted a new GP relay and GPs which heat up nicely when the ignition is switched on.

I have checked the fuel lines for leaks and replaced a 15cm corroded piece of steel pipe with rubber hose in both lines just ahead of the fuel tanks so I'm fairly certain there's no leaks.

The fuel filter is new.

When I turn the engine over, I see very little smoke come out of the exhausts which tends to make me think fuel starvation may be the problem.

Does anyone know how I test the fuel rail pressures and what I'd need to do that?

Anyone got other suggestions of what may be the problem?

Fuel pressure regulator? What does it do and where would I find it on the engine?

Thanks folks
Cancel enquiry as issue has been fixed by replacing the glow plugs I bought on the internet with Bosch ones from my local motor factors.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom