W169 Aux input for Audio 20

bigtwin

Banned
Reaction score
Hi folks,

The missu's new (06) A is lacking the aux input in the glove box. Holding the CDC button reveals an active aux input. There is a squareish hole in the back panel thereof, to the left of the CD store thingy, but nothing else. Looks like someone's taken it out for some odd reason, or it's fallen out down the back of the glove box (seems unlikely?).

Anyone have a picture/description of what's supposed to be in there? Any ideas why someone would take the thing out, but leave the Aux input in the back of the head unit?

OP
B

bigtwin

Banned
Reaction score
  • Banned
Aux input isnt located there. It is by the glovebox circular vent on the right hand side of the glovebox. A 2006 car wont have one as standard.

You can fit one easily. See: http://www.mercupgrades.com/Aux+input+retrofit+on+A+B+C+CLK+ML+GL+R-article-17.html

Thanks - I read through that site, which is how I gleaned how to tell if you have the Aux connected by holding the CDC button (confirmed by a call to the stealer's audio man). I'm assuming that either it was specd as a factory option, or a previous owner had the connection put in.

N

npuk

Holding the CDC button doesnt tell you whether one is fitted, it would work even if the car didnt or has never had one.

Silver circle above the vent is the aux input, if the car had one and it was taken out you would have a hole there.

11042010067.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Thanks - I read through that site, which is how I gleaned how to tell if you have the Aux connected by holding the CDC button (confirmed by a call to the stealer's audio man). I'm assuming that either it was specd as a factory option, or a previous owner had the connection put in.

As above, it just tells you whether your head unit is capable of accepting the aux input.
Pressing & holding the CDC button on mine showed AUX before I fitted the lead. :)

OP
B

bigtwin

Banned
Reaction score
  • Banned
I'm reliably informed the thing knows what's plugged in. In nowt, CDC hold yields "no aux present" or similar, if present "aux connected"?

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I'm reliably informed the thing knows what's plugged in. In nowt, CDC hold yields "no aux present" or similar, if present "aux connected"?

That wasn't the case with mine, ....... but I believe there are various Audio 20s :confused:

OP
B

bigtwin

Banned
Reaction score
  • Banned
I suspect you may well be right. There's def no factory input as shown in your pic. The only funny thing is the hold in the back on the box as if someone has put something aftermarket in. Who knows, but I'm not so in love with plugging an iPod in that I'm going to take up the dealer in the offer of a couple of hundred quid to strip it out an have a look.

The main stealer was convinced about the diagnostic ability of the CDC button - but then, as you say, they may differ. Does tie in with that site and the "plug into the connector lurking behind the trim" theory.

Amazing how in this day and age, something to apparently simple remains a complex mystery, even among those who make and supply the ****** things!

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom