W201 Orthopaedic seat installation/hookup

Nencrono

Reaction score
I've transplanted some leather seats into my 190E. The driver's is equipped with an Orthopaedic backrest, with the controls down on the tranny tunnel side, where the squab & backrest meet.

Bolting the seats in is a doddle, but can anyone give any anvice on hooking up the single connection/wire which goes to the seat? What route does it take and where, under the bonnet does it go?

I've searched http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb0.asp?TP=1 but can't find it. That doesn't mean it's NOT there, just seem to have a hard time finding most things there!

I've never encountered ortho seats on a 190 before & think they must be v. rare.

Any help, advice appreciated.

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Nencrono said:
I've transplanted some leather seats into my 190E. The driver's is equipped with an Orthopaedic backrest, with the controls down on the tranny tunnel side, where the squab & backrest meet.

Bolting the seats in is a doddle, but can anyone give any anvice on hooking up the single connection/wire which goes to the seat? What route does it take and where, under the bonnet does it go?

I've searched http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb0.asp?TP=1 but can't find it. That doesn't mean it's NOT there, just seem to have a hard time finding most things there!

I've never encountered ortho seats on a 190 before & think they must be v. rare.

Any help, advice appereciated.
Do you have the switches built on the seat, if so you can take it to any live feed, via a fuse to the back of ignition switch is OK.

Malcolm

OP
N

Nencrono

Reaction score
Yes, the switch is mounted to the seat.

Looking at the connecting "wire" in the donor car makes me wonder if this is run off vacuum/pressure rather than electric.

TV, you seem adept at finding things on the Rusky parts diagrams - any chance you could take a goosey?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Nencrono said:
Yes, the switch is mounted to the seat.

Looking at the connecting "wire" in the donor car makes me wonder if this is run off vacuum/pressure rather than electric.

TV, you seem adept at finding things on the Rusky parts diagrams - any chance you could take a goosey?

OK, the orthopedic seat was only sold as an dealer retrofit backrest, and not the complete seat from 05 85

What you need is a print out of EA91 09-p-b200-00z four pages of how to install. Ask your MB dealer, its very good and shows all connection points.

Malcolm

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A rough outline, remove cover under instruments,and the lineing on A pilar. remove cover for gearshift,remove floor mats.
the Yellow pnuematic line 225 long goes into central lock pipe by cutting and adding a T piece.
there is a connector in the bottom of A pillar, the wire goes to terminal 15 identification mark Black.

Malcolm

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom