W202 Drained battery, now not starting

Choppa7

Reaction score
HI Folks

I mananged to leave the parking lights on last night because I'm a div and as such the battery was flat this morning when I went to come to work.

I tried using jump leads which sorted the electrics out straight away, but when I went to turn the key, there was nothing, the starter didnt even attempt to turn over :confused:

I'm wondering if there is some sort of security immboiliser on the W202's which I dont know about which causes this if the battery is dead?

The fuel pump is priming by the sound of it, but there was literally nothing when I flicked the key to the 3rd position.

The car is a W202 1995 C180 elegance btw

ANy help through the course of the day will be appreciated and I'll have another go tonight with a bit more time

Cheers

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
I had this on a 202. Jump leads, left on for ages, messed about with the locks etc but it just wouldn't attempt to turn over.
Put a new battery on and she fired up instantly.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You must charge the battery using a charger before you will know what is what,,the immobilizer or alarm if fitted could be unset

sr-performancelive..

Reaction score
Website
www.sr-performance.co.uk
Your Mercedes
BMW 325 TDS TOURING
Hi dont try and jump start a dead battery without turning some of your electrics on, eg: heater/rear demister etc so ecu does not get full current as they dont like it..
my neighbour who is a mech for v,hall left his ign on all night and jump started it without turning anything on and fried his ecu, immobiliser, cost him £600 for new bits.. :) trade of course..

steve

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom