W202 Workshop manuals

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrapnel

Reaction score
Website
www.insecticons.co.uk
Does anybody know where I can pick up a Workshop or Haynes manual for my C280 W202?

The C Class W202 Haynes manual seems to cover every model EXCEPT the C280 (Does anyone know why this is?), which was very frustrating.

Is there anything out there to help me take my car to bits?

Jon.

guydewdney

Reaction score
Website
www.atct.co.uk
the 280 is a V6 isnt it?

the c class manual will tell you about body etc - and locations of basic stuff (like ecu's probably)

they list (ish) a manual for the e class - but the website screws up and says somthing about being forign language (the e class might have the v6 in it)

what do you need to know - ask on here!

OP
S

shrapnel

Reaction score
Website
www.insecticons.co.uk
http://www.haynes.co.uk/webapp/wcs/...=car&make=Mercedes-Benz&model=C-Class

This manual for some reason does not cover the C280.. I am bamboozled as to why...

My C280 is an earlier model, a 1996 so it is the straight six motor.

I am guessing if I get this haynes manual that many things would be common, I have no specific reason for needing it at the moment but one day I will be on the side of the motorway and have no forum to ask :D

Anybody know where I can get a specific manual for the 280?

chris mckellow

Reaction score
I have had the same problem for my C36 recently, which is basically the same engine as the 280 straight 6. The only manual that covers the DOHC straight 6 is the Haynes E class manual. I have had to buy the C class manual as well just for interior and bodywork info!!

Hope this helps.

sealinc

Reaction score
Website
www.schiffeuropean.com
C Class Service Manual

Come on guys! Do you want to risk fixing a Mercedes-Benz with a Haynes manual? The only way to go is the FACTORY MANUALS. They are available in a 5 CD-rom set entitled WIS (Workshop Information System), which contains Vehicle Service Manuals, Diagnostic Manuals, Electrical Troubleshooting Manuals and Technical Service Bulletins. If interested, e-mail us (seal11@aol.com) your year and model as well as geographic location for a price quote and system requirements.

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
c-280 manual

I bought one in Germany, funnily enough, in German. I get by with a dictionary and my German-speaking friends on the end of a phone. I can get back to you tomorrow with the publisher etc if you wish.

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
German Manual for W202

The publisher is
VERLAG BUCHELI,
GewerbesStrasse 10,
CH 6330 CHAM

Postfach 4161
CH 6304 ZUG
Switzerland.
tel (042)417755 fax (042 )417115

the manual for the W202 is Band 1189. It covers the C180, 200, 220 and 280(petrol variants only)
It's a half-decent manual, and has all the tech data such as torque settings etc, and takes you through overhaul of all the major systems, and has some comprehensive circuit diagrams.
It is in German, and it doesn't have a trouble-shooting section, so you really do have to know your stuff from first principles if you are trying to work out what has gone wrong.

I can't remember exactly what I paid, but it was under a tenner in a German equivalent to a friendly motor-factor/accessory shop.

Suffice it to say that when my C280 wouldn't start last week, it was MJTray and this forum that fixed it for me, as I couldn't fathom it out from referring to this manual.(although an experienced interpreter of circuit diagrams might have managed)

Good luck with the search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom