1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W203 Aircon (electrics) problem?

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by stuartmac, Nov 25, 2012.

1. stuartmac

stuartmac Senior Member

Hi,

52 W203 C270 Elegance estate (or does that make it a S203? ...)

Irrespective of what's set on the aircon controls, the front footwells never get warm - ok in the summer, not so great now. :( Thoughts, opinions, recommendations?

Regards,

2. whitenemesis

whitenemesis Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CLS55 AMG '05
    Yes that makes it an S203 :)

Regards the heating. First try a reset, there's a how-to in the DIY section. If resetting the flaps doesn't work then a session on STAR and read off the codes.

3. 142 TPL

142 TPL Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W204 C350 CDI Estate SLK 320
    When you turn the key on but not to start do you get a click/knock coming from the radio area of the dash? If so this is a common problem with the W203 in that the stepper motor that controls the direction flaps in the heater are at fault and the plastic arm has snapped off

4. OP
    stuartmac

stuartmac Senior Member

Hi All,

Thanks for all the replies. I've finally had a conjunction of memory and time to try the reset procedure; unfortunately, I get a repeated cycle of five or six clunks/knocks "coming from the radio area of the dash" and the LED flashing never stops ... so I guess I have bigger problems?

Also, the links - instructions to access the stepper motor/flaps? - in the DIY forum reset thread don't appear to work any more?

:cry:

Regards,

5. whitenemesis

whitenemesis Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CLS55 AMG '05
    Sounds like the actuator rod is broken/come off..