w203 Boot lamp fault

mike01707

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Merc C220 cdi auto (51). Honda jazz 1.4 auto (52)
Hi, whilst experiencing a drain on my battery I attempted to remove the boot lamp from its location in the boot, to enable me to remove the bulb and eliminate it as a source of my problem.

Whilst levering away at the lamp cover, I generated an electrical spark, which caused the lamp to stop working altogether.

I have carried out the following,

Bulb checked, OK.
All the cars fuses checked for continuity. In the Engine compartment. In the dahboard, and in the Boot.

Can anyone offer any help or useful suggestions, regarding a DIY solution to the problem?

The cars drivers handbook does not appear to specify a fuse for this buld as far as I can see. Is there a relay involved would anybody know?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
If it was just a quick flash don't worry. Inbuilt circuit protection.
Make sure it is no longer shorted and it will recover and turn back on.

OP
M

mike01707

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Merc C220 cdi auto (51). Honda jazz 1.4 auto (52)
Problem solved.

Hi Cleverdicky, thanks very much for your reply, much appreciated. just been back to the car and did as you suggested, your spot on, it's working fine now.

Wish I had known about this prior to my process of elimination that has turned out to be quite unecessary, thanks again.
mike crick

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom