W203 C class Saloon 2007 - wiper change help req

MSG2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB C Class 180k Se Auto Avtg Saloon.
Hello
Bought Bosch Aerotwin wipers from the net, Ref number A 106s.

I have changed wipers over the years, usually a few mins, and last year did the Fiesta and the 4x4 in mins.

I find the Bosch wipers baffling but saw this picture in link below and managed to open.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1...71&start=29&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:34,s:0,i:191

The next thing is taking the old wiper off - having again searched the net, saw the pics and took off but can't work out how to put back on the new one. The exisitng wipers have a cover with arrow point at 9 o'clock and another at 3 o'clock, just a tug, hard tug pulls off, and then pull out old wiper where the rubber is similar to the new, but the new fitting is different so not sure if to pull the whole clip off.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

MSG2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Could a mod change the title in order to inc nature of query, ie wiper change help req?
Thanks.
Just took off again the existing wipers, takes a second and five to fit but still can't work out how the new one should hook on.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Didn't you see the link on that page to the fitting video?

[YOUTUBE]h5EsPeF6t1A[/YOUTUBE]

OP
M

MSG2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thank you for your help re title and vid.
I have seen all the vids on that site and 50 others but none show they type of Bosch wiper I have. It is exactly like the one in the link I have posted.

The existing wiper is to pull away and out and same back in, but the new one has really confused me. it's a Bosch Aerotwin A106s, and suitable for my type of car.

The new wiper, the link shows the sleeve pulled back but i can't see how it will fit the metal hook - will have a go tomorrow if weather is ok.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Is there not a little plastic part in with the new wiper that clips to the arm? I seem remember fitting something similar and the hook of the wiper arm 'hooks' around the plastic inset in the blade fixing

OP
M

MSG2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi
Many thanks for the help and the tip you just gave.
Went out for the first time to look in day light, took me a few seconds per window to fit - many thanks.

On of the reasons I changed the wipers that there was a slight squeaky sound from drivers side wiper and then does go away after a minute or so on contentious use and reappears and goes, thought it was the wiper, but sadly not the case - any tips? Otherwise I will put up with it. The wipers, new ones clear better on passengers side otherwise no better than the original equip.

(The fitting, slots and clips)

many thanks

ps - got the wiper blades from Ebay, under 26 quid inc postage as opposed to 40 quid from Halfords.

:0

Last edited:

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
I also get a slight squeak as the wiper leaves the "park" position on each stroke, until it's been in use continuously for a while. New blades, a thorough clean of the screen and it's still there. A squirt of washer fluid silences it for a bit when on intermittent but I've more or less learnt to live with it.

Was the same on my 203...

OP
M

MSG2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi again
I did exactly that as washer level was down, and added a higher concentrate of washer fluid, no more squeak!
Once again, thanks for your help.
:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom