W203 Comand Bluetooth - can anyone help, please?

Chris Preston

Reaction score
Hi all.

This is my first post, so I hope you'll bear with me!

I've just bought an 05/05 C350(W203) estate that has the Comand system, phone wiring and Bluetooth pre-installed. I have a Bluetooth phone (02 XDA Orbit, 2 years old) and thought I would be able to connect the two. If I try to pair them, they recognise each other and go through the whole process and are connected until I press 'finish' (the pairing process) on the phone. The Comand display then goes to 'not connected'.

I have also tried the process with my daughter's phone with the same result.

The car has a cradle inside the centre console but the connection is nothing like any phone I've ever seen. I've seen a Bluetooth HFP cradle on fleabay that fits into the car cradle. Do I have to buy one of these?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated, thanks.

Chris

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Welcome to the forum :)

Are you trying to connect directly to the COMAND? The bluetooth in COMAND is only for headset profile and is pretty useless!

Yes you need a bluetooth puck to fit in the cradle. You then connect to that. Pairing must be instigated from COMAND not the phone.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom